68 replies to this topic

#1 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hey guys.  It's been a long road but I Have skyrim revisited with some additions installed.  All day yesterday I was suffering memory related CTDS, until two members helped me with DDSOPT.  I suffered one CTD last night in a cave.  I ran around white run and horsed it from there to a cave so I am positive my mem related issues are over (mem peaks at 1800 now...incredible), the CTD was very disheartening though...seemed to be completely random as well.  I have a few outstanding issues that I figured I would try to get some feedback on. 1. CTD - maybe I will try a merged patch; I realized when I hit generate FNIS for users there was 1 warning which said I had an outdated Skyrim...I ignored it...could this be a big problem?  I also realized when doing all that weird TES5EDIT stuff for one entry in what I believe was "live an alternate life" the node turned red from green after following instructions...I sincerely hope if something went wrong there it wouldn't ruin my entire game...could it?  Could my random CTD issue (I experienced 1 in about an hour of running around testing DRAM usage) just be a by product of trying to continue an old save (I did do the SKSE clear invalidation entry as instructed)? 2. Extremely long skse launch from mod organizer - When you look at my load order you will realize I have Skyrim linked to the skyrim folder rather than the Mod organizer/mods folder...could this be the reason? 3. Invisible giant with purple axe - I'm fairly certain I know the cause for this.  I optimized the entire Mod organizer/mods folder at 1 time then transferred it over...I have a back up of all the original files though.  I am thinking of copying over the original automatic variant packs over again should fix this? 4. Really wanting to add ASIS back to my load order, if anyone has any experience with ASIS for Skyrim revisited and used in conjuction with enhanced enemy ai I would love to hear it Thanks guys, cheers Active Mod Files:

#2 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

One more thing; I have added Immersive armors and Immersive weapons to my SR because I feel they are 100% essential.  Do you guys see any problems arising from trying to add Omegareds armor pack?  How about the new Jaysus swords?  Not very important, just figured I'd throw it out there.

#3 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Don't get disheartened by the odd random crash. You cannot eliminate them all, and the effort to do so is wasted. If you get it down to one crash per several hours it's probably fine - especially if you can't repeat them. FNIS will always say you have an outdated Skyrim when run through MO - ignore.

#4 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

1: The Fnis warning can be ignored. The colors in Tes5edit can sometimes go from green to red, remember that it just compares values, it has no intelligent way of telling if a change you are making is sound or not. Never play on old saves, it is just a bad practice to get into. Make your mod profile in MO and start a game using it. If you want to make alterations then make a new profile. Pure texture and mesh mods are the exception, those you can change and alter to your hearts content. 2. Perhaps. In general then what you have done is counter productive since the point in using MO is to keep the vanilla install clean of mod file data. However the longer your mod list the longer the load times. This is inevitable no matter what you do. 3. You have installed Skyrim Immersive Creatures with the external FOMOD installer and as such it has not installed all the textures and meshes etc. Install using the integrated FOMOD installer in MO. After this verify that there is indeed a textures folder etc present in the mod directory. 4. ASIS is getting really old by now, and most of its features will bring about more instability to the game. If you just want the AI then you might as well use another of the AI mods out there since they essentially do the same thing. Otherwise the only thing in a pure SR install you need to add to its block list are the other Skyproc patchers. Especially the AV one or you will not see certain textures inside the game at all. Weapons and armor: The more stuff you add to the game the more unstable it gets. By adding all those weapon and armor mods then you also allow them to spawn at will, which will cause more memory to be used. If you cannot live without them, but still get an unstable game experience then make sure the textures are only 1k in resolution etc.

#5 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

You guys are extremely helpful.  Ok So what I have done is checked my av packages folder...it was missing a number of packages that were being populated by the list of the SUM installer.  I transplanted all the missing packages and am about to run SUM again.  I will not be installing Jaysus or Omegared99, thanks for the tip; they would be nice but both immersive gear packages are definitely enough.  I truly love asis, now that I have enemy AI I will waive the ai features of asis but install it with immersive patrols encounter zones.  I will keep what you have said in mind and be ready to get rid of it if I see excessive instability.  I am going to try a merged patch,  I have added about 15 esps since Skyrim Revisited (a MO profile I still have in tact, the 1 I am tampering with I call 'Skyrim Perfected').  Maybe the merged patch will handle the extra mods which is obviously excluded by all the little custom patches I have, that were made previous to the new mods' introduction to load order.  I will also double check to see if immersive creatures is installed properly.  cheers.

#6 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Also I have a sneaking suspicion this save game mod may have caused my ctd https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21695//?.  I remember in New Vegas, the game crashed because of the ingrained save system and as per gophers instructions I dld a third party one.  Maybe this isn't a good approach for skyrim?

#7 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

When you run SUM through MO it moves all the AV packages around - I think you will now find them in the sub-folders in MO/Overwrite. My thought on Immersive Weapons/Armor etc. is that they have some really nice stuff but also some pretty dubious stuff (at least to my taste). being a compendium the styles are quite different and to my mind jarring. I would probably go with just adding a few of the items rather than the dozens each adds - but that is too much work!

#8 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

OK Aiyen...looks like you were on to something with Immersive creatures.  Checked my mod folder...it was empty, which is silly because I did use FOMOD the first time.  Downloaded both of them again as per SR instructions with the second main file merging with the first...I noticed there was a picture of the axe wielding giant I saw an invisible version of in game lol.  Well anyways I just checked my mod directory and Skyrim Immersive creatures is now populated :)  cheers.  

#9 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ok, So i just fired it up.  Ran from white run via horse to the same cave and fought a few baddies inside, no ctds no missing textures (only played for about 12 minutes or so thought).  Ill be back in a few hours after more testing, but at least for now everything seems to be in order.  Here is my updates load order. It's worth noting I removed leveled lists from the merged patch as I wanted it to be handled by the Bashed patch. I also did not use the deactivate esp option for the bashed patch because I have noticed it affects functionality of certain mods, at the very least it stopped auto unequip helmet from working. Active Mod Files:
If anyone has more info on SKSE location and launch time from MO thatd be great.  Cheers.

#10 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I have talked to WilliamImm about this though in relation to SkyRe mods some of the compatibility patches for SkyRe overrule the bashed patch which if you're using say Unlimited Rings and Amulets is a problem. I don't believe it is a problem with the bashed patch per se but a problem with the load order of the bashed patch. Do you have any mods that are after your bashed patch .esp(besides SUM)?

#11 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have talked to WilliamImm about this though in relation to SkyRe mods some of the compatibility patches for SkyRe overrule the bashed patch which if you're using say Unlimited Rings and Amulets is a problem. I don't believe it is a problem with the bashed patch per se but a problem with the load order of the bashed patch. Do you have any mods that are after your bashed patch .esp(besides SUM)?

none at all, im not using skyre either.  My end load order is general patch, a myriad of sr compatability patches, merged patch-leveled list, bashed patch, sum patches+asis dependecy

#12 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well first off you did disable DUEL when you installed ASIS right? ASIS might be the reason some of the bashed patches changes aren't being carried over (never used ASIS so no idea)

#13 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Well first off you did disable DUEL when you installed ASIS right? ASIS might be the reason some of the bashed patches changes aren't being carried over (never used ASIS so no idea)

I just use sum for skyproc patches, it installs them in a certain order...I just always assumed it was correct.  Interesting thing to think about though, I will look into it further when Im ready to do more testing.  Would you mind posting your load order for me phazer11?  It would be fun to see what a few of you guys are running an having success with.  Cheers.

#14 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well mine won't help you too much as I'm using SkyRe in addition to Skyrim Revisited as well as having disabled several mods. I posted it in my freeze thread though. I'm sure someone will post theirs though.

#15 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

It's worth noting I removed leveled lists from the merged patch as I wanted it to be handled by the Bashed patch.

Sharlikran is quite emphatic that you should not include leveled lists in your merged patch.  He has a video giving a how-to and his thoughts on building a merged patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users