68 replies to this topic

#16 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

It's worth noting I removed leveled lists from the merged patch as I wanted it to be handled by the Bashed patch.

Sharlikran is quite emphatic that you should not include leveled lists in your merged patch.  He has a video giving a how-to and his thoughts on building a merged patch.

Yeh I got that bit of info from that video, its a great tutorial if you can extract the info you need from the long periods of fluff.

#17 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

It's worth noting I removed leveled lists from the merged patch as I wanted it to be handled by the Bashed patch.

Sharlikran is quite emphatic that you should not include leveled lists in your merged patch.  He has a video giving a how-to and his thoughts on building a merged patch.

Wrye Bash has some logic to handle actual conflicts in leveled lists (e.g., when different mods change a skill level); I don't think TES5Edit has this for the Merge Patch.

I've found that the bashed patch usually, but not always, makes the same decision I would make when merging records. It might sometimes be necessary to manually create a small patch to load after the bashed patch to fix such problems.

#18 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Wrye Bash has some logic to handle actual conflicts in leveled lists (e.g., when different mods change a skill level); I don't think TES5Edit has this for the Merge Patch.

I've found that the bashed patch usually, but not always, makes the same decision I would make when merging records. It might sometimes be necessary to manually create a small patch to load after the bashed patch to fix such problems.

Wish I could use this information, heh the only experience I have with custom patches is via Neovalen word by word :(

#19 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yup...another random ctd in a cave...Im going to try disabling the auto save mod.

#20 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Auto save mod? Auto saving is an invention of the evilest of Daedra and should be cleansed by Meridia's light.

#21 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Im going to try this auto save mod instead.  The reason I think it was the old auto save mod is because it was configged to out of combat save every 10 minutes.  In the cave Id kick whole sale ass for a long time, no problems.  Then ill just be hanging around black smithing and the game closes.  When the autosave did work it caused sharp hangs.  If anyone knows if autosave mods are just a bad idea in general, pls let know.   https://skyrim.nexus...?id=21015&pUp=1

#22 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

No. Autosaving period is IN GENERAL not recommended. The blacksmithing thing is a bit of an unknown the only thing some of us can figure out is that the more you add to it the more unstable it becomes. Try out Kryptopyr's Crafting Mod and disable for example Heavy Armor if your character doesn't use it and disable Light Armor if you have to craft something for a follower that uses Heavy Armor.

#23 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

No. Autosaving period is IN GENERAL not recommended. The blacksmithing thing is a bit of an unknown the only thing some of us can figure out is that the more you add to it the more unstable it becomes. Try out Kryptopyr's Crafting Mod and disable for example Heavy Armor if your character doesn't use it and disable Light Armor if you have to craft something for a follower that uses Heavy Armor.

Im still getting ctds every hour or so, its really puzzling.  Im not ctding during cell transitions, my mem is not over flowing, i do think my fps should be higher than it is in certain areas (least of my worries), ive played smoothly through big battles with npcs with lots of magic, travelled from point to point fast on horse back with no real dips or anything to be concerned about, killed two dragons...none of these things cause ctds,.  I just seem to ctd while idling checking menus or talking to ppl.  I guess Ill have to get used to saving manually.  If ctds continue after this I will try disabling dynavision...then my step after that will be to start a new game (it does see like the skse ini tweak does heal your game...but maybe its not bullet proof).

#24 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Never used Dynavision but am trying it out to see how it performs fps hit wise versus ENB DoF. Always try a new game when adding or removing mods (mostly after removing) if you want to ensure the best possible environment and least possible amount of problems. Now as for that yo likely have issues with the number of things in your menu's. Post your BOSS log please. Though tbh if you're in say the main menu (esc) and you CTD then there's probably a problem I would guess from your unclean save.

#25 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Never used Dynavision but am trying it out to see how it performs fps hit wise versus ENB DoF. Always try a new game when adding or removing mods (mostly after removing) if you want to ensure the best possible environment and least possible amount of problems. Now as for that yo likely have issues with the number of things in your menu's. Post your BOSS log please.

Though tbh if you're in say the main menu (esc) and you CTD then there's probably a problem I would guess from your unclean save.

Hey my friend, I've isolated my issue.  Haha,Im ctding whenever I go to my menu, books it looks like.  I just realized I ctd everytime I try to read a new book.  I honesty think I've ctd while in menu every single time.  Extremely odd...  Ill try a new game, if this doesn't work atleast I can focus my inquiries tomorrow.  Two other isolated bugs I noticed that were more entertaining then anything else.  
-I was barbecuing bandits in a hallway while they were trying to rape me, when it was all said and done a burnt corpse began levitating and spiraling ina  ball smashing itself against the wall...insane
-shorly after the corpse thing I fell into the ground and appeared behind the last few enemies lol
These two glitches are not happening allot and appear to only be in that 1 cave.  Im going to start a new game hopefully it works out well.  Here is my boss log.

file:///F:/BOSS%20v2.1.1%20Archive/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html

#26 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Attach your log to your post via the advanced reply (new reply button). If it's not working it's probably too big so use 7zip to compress it and then attach it. As for your weird issue try re-installing both Realistic Ragdolls and Force and XP32 Skeleton (ticking the prefer integrate FOMOD installer in ModOrganizer Settings or unticking it if it's already ticked)

#27 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

Sorry about that, here you go.  Ok so I started a new game and no ctd on book menu.  But i keep getting attacked and killed by invisible wolves I cant see...looks like its an issue with Skytest...sigh.

#28 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

Its Ice wolves and snow wolves that are invisible, must be either AV or ST. It turns out there not invincible either. Usually missing textures appear as blue silhouettes this is odd. Redownloading all the av packages and will attempt to repair it manually tomorrow. Thanks for all the input guys, cheers.

#29 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

This happens when MO does not install the meshes or textures you need. Check that these files and folders were installed in Sky Test and Sky Immersive Creatures. The solution is usually to toggle the "prefer integrated FOMOD installer" in MO settings.  Usually you do not wnat this on, but for a few odd fiels you need to turn it on to properly install the files you need.

#30 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

This happens when MO does not install the meshes or textures you need. Check that these files and folders were installed in Sky Test and Sky Immersive Creatures.

The solution is usually to toggle the "prefer integrated FOMOD installer" in MO settings.  Usually you do not wnat this on, but for a few odd fiels you need to turn it on to properly install the files you need.

Thanks dude, I'll give it a go.  With the guidance of you guys I'm eliminating 1 problem at a time...too bad theres like 100 :S.  The great news is it seems like My performance drops seem to be down to the mid 30s in certain areas (usually 50s); and my game is relatively stable.  You guys were right about the new game.  The only way to stop the book menu ctd was too start a new character...Ive done this about 6 times n the past 2 weeks; hopefully this will be the last.  Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users