OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim (by Indigoblade)

Zeran

This mod overhauls bandits entirely, adds in about 25+ new bandit types that are pretty balanced and diverse. There are no scripts or anything really, a couple of dirty edits, but nothing too backbreaking. It only effects bandits with no specific role so the ones that do not talk or have a quest are not effected. The author has created a total of 968 individual npcs all with different faces. There are also several optional files that suit the needs of some players. It's pretty immersive with vanilla Skyrim since it does try to follow lore. The author updates the mod very frequently (maybe 2 to 4 new types a month) and responds to almost every post on this mod.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31264//?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about using this several times but never pulled the trigger on it. How does it compare to Higher Leveled Enemies?

It's like HLE but with a high focus on bandit variation, it makes bandits actually a lot more fun and challenging. There's also mini bosses and randomized bandits so you never know what might happen, it also has no scripts so it's safe try

Edit: it actually works well with HLE as long as you batch it

For anyone that's tried this mod, do you recommend just using the main mod? Or also the Bandit Patrols optional file? My concern with the optional is that bandits will be slaughtering the townsfolk outside Whiterun and Falkreath, and I don't know how I feel about that. :P

For anyone that's tried this mod, do you recommend just using the main mod? Or also the Bandit Patrols optional file? My concern with the optional is that bandits will be slaughtering the townsfolk outside Whiterun and Falkreath, and I don't know how I feel about that. :P

All the main file does is adds in new types of bandits, if you just want variation its fine by itself. There is only a couple of bandits attacking whiterun and such, I actually never witness a bandit raid, but I see lots of bandit corpses

mightyusaid Wrote

Hey, since its adding a lot of new npcs, how big is the performance hit. Checked out the mod, looks really promising, i just want to know how bad the performance hit.

The main file uses only existing bandit spawns, so there is no performance hit, also the raids file adds about 75 new spawns spread out so it shouldn't be that bad

• 2 weeks later...

if you use this you need deadly dragons (and not for the dragons). Deadly Dragons has an option that keeps important (quest giving npcs) from dying. I dont know of any independent mods that have this). you will get bandit raids on towns.They are fun, but the game will be unwinnable quickly due to lots of quest giver mods croaking. The bandit raids can get rough after a while when the guards start croaking... and you get less and less of them. Especially if you combine it with a mod that makes NPCs level with you.

I think mods like this would work better if it was easier to identify guys fighting on your side from bad guys. Is there a mod that may color bad guy mods a different color or highlight them with an option? When I was walking out of Skyrim there was a big bandit raid. Lots of guards and regular NPCs fighting. It was very difficult for me to spot the bandit NPCs from guys on myself. Killing guys on my side triggers crime radius (and note leaves less guards for the next raid).

anyone use this with with immersive bandits.

@thenobody: OBIS is differnet you will get bandit raids on towns so you fight the bandits with guards and NPCs. downside is that i have not found a this is alot of fun. it can get harder as the guards die off. lol.

If you use main plugin only, obis only randomises spawned bandits, it doesn't add new spawns. This is my understanding at least.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yea the main plugin doesnt add in any new NPC spawns, just new TYPES of NPCs in the spawns. It also randomizes the static bandit types in the spawns so you never know what types of bandits show up.

anyone use this with with immersive bandits.

@thenobody: OBIS is differnet you will get bandit raids on towns so you fight the bandits with guards and NPCs. downside is that i have not found a this is alot of fun. it can get harder as the guards die off. lol.

The bandits only travel through Whiterun and Falkreath right now, as well some of the towns around there, they also travel through several of the forts so if you did some of the CW quests you get awesome post civilwar ACTION