OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim (by Indigoblade)

Zeran

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno.. i feel that if we could do away with the unique names and the formality of each clan/group/"faction" , id be more accepting. I like all of the cool shields and symbols, but maybe just add them to the bandits without having to give them proper names (maybe something like "bandit shield") I like the increase in the quantity of bandits, bandit encounters, etc. and also the increase of combat/difficulty .. but I just think they should all still be called 'Bandits' (and all the vanilla variations of) without the added proper names, like "Iron Blood", "Lightning Wolf", and "Butcher" -- and all the other bandit names like "bruiser", "puppet", "doll", "manakin"

Its these added proper and generic names/bandit types that takes away from skyrim as i know it, and turns it more into "fan fiction" so to speak.

Disclaimer :) : All of that being said, in no way am i discounting the hours upon hours of work that has gone into this project. I think it is a great piece of work.. much greater in size than any mod/project ive ever released, so i mean no disrespect

I haven't had OBIS installed for very long, and I don't know about all of the changes made but one thing is certain: bandits are a whole lot more fun to fight now.  To be honest, I don't pay much attention to their names, I just kill them :yes:.  Plus, their many and varied shields are kind of fun to collect as trophies hah. 

I sure hope it doesn't mess up leveled lists too much though...I still have yet to find any loot system overhaul mod that fits my tastes.  I detest vanilla Skyrim's loot system...I really don't like seeing everyone and their dog running around with glass equipment after a while.  Yet I haven't found a mod that does a better job.  They all seem either too austere or too extravagant.  I like the ideas behind mods like Skyrim Unleashed but not the execution.  I actually had dwarven gear far sooner than I would have in vanilla Skyrim.  And I was drowning in powerful potions at an early level.

Anyway, slight tangent off of OBIS, sorry.  No way around it, OBIS is a very cool mod.

I agree with you michael the havoc this mod has to cause with the leveled lists (that's without the changes from any mods like Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors or even SkyRe) just boggles the mind.

What kind of havoc? The only leveled lists that are touched are the ones related to bandits. If anyone is worried about it, they should learn how to make a bashed patch.

As far as it's concerned, the mod is mighty clean. I am glad he implemented the patches directly into the main mod (I am assuming using SKSE to toggle them when you have certain mod installed).

• 3 months later...