aMidianBorn Roads and Bridges by CaBaL

statmonster

These types of mods should have MS threads so they can be considered for STEP. As for right now' date=' there are very little mods the affect Dragonborn in STEP and that needs to change.[/quote']

Agreed.  Maybe I'll open a new thread suggesting some of the texture packs i use for DB (i.e. the ones mentioned above). 

Nice work on the roads/bridges CaBal. They are slightly more saturated than what im used to for roads, but they do add a nice look to the game. My favorite texture by far though is the road snow.. you nailed that perfectly with the melted/dirty snow look.. brilliant.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detailed and very nicely done, as usual. Quality is your trademark, Cabal :)

Just to bear in mind that these are 2K textures though, which may be too much for some machines (not mine, luckily!), not to mention the 3GB crash nemesis... Nevertheless, downloading now - see what happens

Anyways, if you will keep releasing new textures so fast, we may have to create a separate category in STEP, just for your textures ;)

Thanks for your hard work, Cabal!

I really like the detail, but the corners should be rounded like Bethesda did (to combat the sharp edge of the mesh). Only a niggle of course! Lovely job! :)

hey sparrowprince :) glad to see you here...awesome works you did!

yeah this thing of the road is complicate, i actually thought to make something "roman " with squared stones.. like roads and bridges built by the empire in contrast with mountains and"nature" of nord.... but well meshes does not help at all,....we'll see eventually if some stones can be bigger and rounded with book update.

now.... whiterun remake is the next....hope with the weekend.

then stones (here's a preview if someone's interested https://www.mediafire.com/?em93a4p54lwhpr9 normals are not complete) or blades armor set (such a fantastic job bethesda on textures and models...worth some tears)

would be nice to see you do some of the snow textures for landscape, such snow01.dds and snow02.dss, that will be sure to match nicely the road01snow texture from this pack. depending on what snow textures people are using there can be more or less contrast between the two.

hey sparrowprince :) glad to see you here...awesome works you did!

Erm excuse me... I can say the exact same thing to you squire! :) 

Also, you have reminded me about that Roman mod I wanted to make involving a public bathhouse/public poop room. Not enough willpower or time though. :( I suppose I could look at modelling individual 3D blocks for the roads. Damn you got me going now, I'm meant to be a partially retired modder. ;) Nice to see you by the way and keep up that awesome work.

Oh and speaking of snow and ice, there is a whole test folder in the textures somewhere that other modders ignore because they don't think it's being used. It actually is if I recall. Maybe you could take a look at that? I will try and find the folder name if you can't find it.

I think that if CaBaL paints a pixel and then put it on the Nexus, he'll have a tons of endorsements anyway!

Just kidding. His works are really amazing!

lol i was thinking the same thing actually. Even though this is probably an accurate statement, his work is very remarkable. I dont know many modders that have the skill to remake textures from scratch (except those who do it for a living, *ahem*) :D

A fun experiment would be if he made a texture that wrote "I won file of the month for this" on the walls of Whiterun! And then proved that it could be done! :P

That said then the new updates are looking good! Still not as good as some of the other stuff out there, but again landscape textures kinda all need to match or they can stand out too much. Which is the main problem with smaller texture packs that only deals with a few things.