DDSopt

MrChumleyWarner

Question

Hi guys,

I have just made a new PC and reinstalled Skyrim. I did STEP before a few months ago, I was wondering, I kept backups of DDSoptimised textures but did anything in updates after 1.8 (has there only been one?) require me to re-do this process?

Also is the best practice now NOT to optimise the DLC BSAs? And have everything containing textures as loose files?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I have just made a new PC and reinstalled Skyrim. I did STEP before a few months ago, I was wondering, I kept backups of DDSoptimised textures but did anything in updates after 1.8 (has there only been one?) require me to re-do this process?

Also is the best practice now NOT to optimise the DLC BSAs? And have everything containing textures as loose files?

Thanks

I would point to the the Skyrim Revisited STEP based mod about optimizing DLC BSAs:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited

If you already did the process once then there is no point in doing it again, since the textures would be the same.

Since there are properly more new texture mods then in 1.8 then you might need to do it for some of the new additions though.

OK thanks guys, I'll just redo it for the DLCs then.

Seeing as Skyrim Revisited was mentioned, I had a quick skim and it looks rather daunting in length but perhaps more straightforward in being more step-by-step? Is it basically STEP plus other less-vanilla things the author likes? Does everyone love it?