36 replies to this topic

#31 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Must be engine exclusively. I have an And 8350 and it handled this game like a boss. Vanilla with hrdlc I used to have 60 no drops...now its modded I never see my CPU get taxed more than like 40% but the fps can't stay consistent.

CPU´s would only reach 100% usage in stress tests. Otherwise programs are made up of tiny chunks of data instead of one large continous stream. This means that the CPU performs what is requested and then moves on to the next job. So never read too much into the CPU usage levels, since it makes very little sense to use it as a parameter for performance. 

The more mods you add etc. the more scripts needs to be run, and the less "room" there is for lighting calculations etc. This all means that there will be a bottleneck eventually and this means a reduction in FPS. Most of the time however the bottleneck is very small and only manifest itself as a drop in FPS rather then a huge lag spike. 

#32 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Must be engine exclusively. I have an And 8350 and it handled this game like a boss. Vanilla with hrdlc I used to have 60 no drops...now its modded I never see my CPU get taxed more than like 40% but the fps can't stay consistent.

CPU´s would only reach 100% usage in stress tests. Otherwise programs are made up of tiny chunks of data instead of one large continous stream. This means that the CPU performs what is requested and then moves on to the next job. So never read too much into the CPU usage levels, since it makes very little sense to use it as a parameter for performance. 

The more mods you add etc. the more scripts needs to be run, and the less "room" there is for lighting calculations etc. This all means that there will be a bottleneck eventually and this means a reduction in FPS. Most of the time however the bottleneck is very small and only manifest itself as a drop in FPS rather then a huge lag spike. 

I see, this is very informative. Thank you. You know what would be interesting. If anyone is using deviant but successful papyrus settings how about you post them and tell us how it has helped your game. Also I saw this itcsolutions site which suggested doing a bunch of INI setting tweaks so the game can utilize your CPU better...does anyone know if it actually works?

#33 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

If you are referring to all the multi threaded .ini tweaks then no. At least nobody here have ever been able to prove that they increase performance, but on the other hand then nobody have proven that they are bad to have on. But based on the principle that less is properly more stable then it is generally not suggested to use them. As for altering the papyrus settings.. then I have only tried to turn logging on and off. So someone else would have to kick in there.

#34 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

There may be code written in the engine to support multi-threading, but if that code isn't utilized by anything then the effect might not work if it's turned on. You have Kobe, but he's just sitting on the bench.

#35 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800.0

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=256

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600

These settings seem to have made my game more stable and even perform more consistently.  Maybe I will try those cpu ini tweaks to see if it helps as well.

#36 Copywrite85

Copywrite85

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

I got realistic needs and diseases to work after reinstalling it (pain in the ass). Unfortunately reinstalling did not help improved closed face helmets. Does anyone know if improved closed face helmets is incompatible with Skyre or something???

#37 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Um... I don't think you need it if you're using qotsafans patches? I have a headache otherwise I'd check Iroha's guide (I'm probably wrong)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users