Are the majority of you installing/ using current SR or waiting for the LE?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be out of the loop. What exactly is LE? I know SR is STEP+ fancy graphics are beyond the scope of step' date=' but I have not heard of LE...[/quote']

SR is much *much* much *more* than that.

LE is the codename for the next update of SR. Its name is in reference to the fact that Skyrim is finished and the final Legendary Edition was released by Bethesda. Since there will not be any new DLC and likely no more updates (unlikely they even have people working on the game at this point) we are at a point where the modding community (and by extension, SR) can really start finetuning and mature into a hopefully more stable and rich experience.

While SR is amazing in its own right, there are places for improvement and refining. SR: LE is going to do that, it's not going to be an update like STEP 2.2.4 to 2.2.6, it's going to (*potentially*) be a massive overhaul of certain parts of the guide. The end experience should remain much the same, but the methods and mods used to get there could be changed or replaced with new ones.

Anyways, if you enjoy STEP you should really check out the entire scope of SR. It modifies much more than STEP (and there is even a sub-set of SkyRe+ASIS thread to enrich the game further- which may or may not be incorporated into LE). SR is a completely new experience from vanilla and STEP, in my opinion.

Current SR is more than useable. As someone said, its a good place to start to learn making your own additions and patches. As for the 3.1GB crash, its SSSSooooooooooooooOOOOooooo easy to fix, just DDSopt all your textures packs to 2048x2048 and do half sized normals. The game still looks amazing, and runs a hell of chunk below the limit.

Im running 350 mods, in MO. With 230 .esp`s. My RAM usage never gets above 2.6Gb and my game looks just as good as with stupid sized textures. (Unless you go out of your way looking for differences)

Can`t wait for the LE though, i think neo`s gonna be adding in some great new mods, that i just cant ne bothered to patch

Current SR is more than useable. As someone said, its a good place to start to learn making your own additions and patches. As for the 3.1GB crash, its SSSSooooooooooooooOOOOooooo easy to fix, just DDSopt all your textures packs to 2048x2048 and do half sized normals. The game still looks amazing, and runs a hell of chunk below the limit.

Im running 350 mods, in MO. With 230 .esp`s. My RAM usage never gets above 2.6Gb and my game looks just as good as with stupid sized textures. (Unless you go out of your way looking for differences)

Can`t wait for the LE though, i think neo`s gonna be adding in some great new mods, that i just cant ne bothered to patch

So you run all 2k textures?

I am fairly certain I saw him mention that he uses like 512 resolution for fire and spell effects etc... Also pure 2k etc even with normals reduced is not really stable in the exteriors. You can get long play sequences in certain areas true, but again it also depends on his playing resolution etc.

I am fairly certain I saw him mention that he uses like 512 resolution for fire and spell effects etc... Also pure 2k etc even with normals reduced is not really stable in the exteriors. You can get long play sequences in certain areas true, but again it also depends on his playing resolution etc.

2k textures for armors/ weapons/ bodies/ creatures and 1k for the rest ftw then.
I am fairly certain I saw him mention that he uses like 512 resolution for fire and spell effects etc... Also pure 2k etc even with normals reduced is not really stable in the exteriors. You can get long play sequences in certain areas true' date=' but again it also depends on his playing resolution etc.[/quote']

2k textures for armors/ weapons/ bodies/ creatures and 1k for the rest ftw then.

It'll be interesting to see what the guidance is in LE.  

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2653&pid=40072#pid40072

This is what im running at now......I opt`d everything down to 2048 with half normals, lowered "The big 3", and armour mods down to 1024, half normals.

Yes i am running the magic mods at 512, but thats just me trying to fix an irritating, combat freeze i was getting. Managed to fix it by lowering the magic textures. And IMHO you can`t tell the difference during gameplay. Only if you take screenshits and try to find differences you notice them. my game still looks amazing

Current SR is more than useable. As someone said' date=' its a good place to start to learn making your own additions and patches. As for the 3.1GB crash, its SSSSooooooooooooooOOOOooooo easy to fix, just DDSopt all your textures packs to 2048x2048 and do half sized normals. The game still looks amazing, and runs a hell of chunk below the limit.

Can`t wait for the LE though, i think neo`s gonna be adding in some great new mods, that i just cant ne bothered to patch[/quote']

I have a feeling it will be 1K for exterior landscape/environment' date=' 2K everything else. Or something along these lines.[/quote']

These two posts made me wonder to myself whether SR:LE will combat the 3.1GB CTD with 1k exterior texture mods exclusively as rootstat said, or will it still be 2k texture mods but with resized normals down to 1k as 7hr08ik said.

I wonder what would be better looking at both performance (as in avoiding CTD's) and visuals. 

Hey guys, im bored at home, so thought i`d take some shots of my game so you can see....

There is almost no noticeable drop in quality with the lowered resolutoins on textures....I know you will find some, but thats coz your sat looking at a picture, when your running around the Skyrim, you dont stop to stare at the twigs on the floor, or to count the spines on the trees, unless your testing a new mod.

At the farm

At the farm

Posted Image

Whiterun

Whiterun

Posted Image

Dragonsreach

Dragonsreach

[/spoPosted Imageiler]

Top of the steps

Top of "The Steps"

Posted Image

Backstreet

Whiterun backstreet

Posted Image

In the world (A lightning storm is starting thats why is a bit dim)

Outside

Posted Image

In the world again

More Outside

Posted Image

And to show the spells are still good. Fire

Fire Spell

Posted Image

Lightning

Lightning Spell

Posted Image

Album - https://imgur.com/a/wd2gD#0

Just some quick shots. Only just started a fresh playthrough so got nothing awesome to show you :P

What mod is making Whiterun so full of trees and vegetation in your SS?

I have never been able to get in Whiterun with my SR to see it, as soon as I get close to the city I CTD. Is it a mod in SR? So would my Whiterun look like that too if I can get in and not CTD?

Reason I ask, I've always wanted my Whiterun to look like that :(