Are the majority of you installing/ using current SR or waiting for the LE?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After screwing up Skyrim, about the time Neo froze SR where Skyrim looked liked total crap and I could not find a solution, I completely deleted everything Skyrim. This included all tools, steam skyrim directory, MO, except for the MO downloads directory and my vanilla skyrim saves used from testing. I began reinstalling SR and everything else from scratch doing my most careful install ever. Where multiple version of mods are available (for example SRO), I installed the light version after the normal. So for example, SRO has a "Skyrim Serious Overhaul 2K" and "Skyrim Serious Overhaul 1K" install. This allows quick changes in the resolution of textures without using DSSOpt simply by checking which version I want to use. After each install, I test run skyrim doing everything, as near as possible, the same way. I go from Helgrem, to Riverwood, until killing the 3 bandits at Whiterun Hold. This is with Skyrim Performance Monitor running and all performance stats are recorded into a file with comments if anything unusual happened. When I complete the install I plan to contribute the file, to the STEP community.

Edit: Posted something I was not suppose too.

I haven't had much time to play recently, but I'm using current SR with all mods kept up-to-date manually, though I'm a bit behind at the moment. I add quite a few things, let's see:

Most things from Iroha's thread (SkyRe, ASIS, High Level Enemies, TK Hitstop, Immersive Weapons, I also add Immersive Armor.)

My own additions are:

Bookshelves Script SKSE

Unread Books Glow (Dim runic setting, skill/quest/spell books only)

Unknown Enchants

Supreme and Volumetric Fog

Morning Fogs

Smaller Ice Spike and Ice Spear

Faster Get Up Stand Up Animation

Bergzore's Run Sprint and Jump Animations

Nightingale Pride - Bow and Blade Reincarnation

Dragonborn Ascendant

ESF Companion's Guild & ESF Aela

Helgen Reborn

Vilja

Obviously I patch these myself as necessary; I also combine all my patches into a single file, and DDSOpt a whole bunch of extra stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Kal, were the patches you made easy for those? I'm interested in using the majority of those (minus Unread Books, and Vilja) but am still working on understanding on how to make patches. I'm working through SR for the first time after doing STEP since the initial release, so would you say going through the SR guide should provide me with the necessary knowledge? Any advice or tuts you would recommend?

I haven't had much time to play recently, but I'm using current SR with all mods kept up-to-date manually, though I'm a bit behind at the moment. I add quite a few things, let's see:

Most things from Iroha's thread (SkyRe, ASIS, High Level Enemies, TK Hitstop, Immersive Weapons, I also add Immersive Armor.)

My own additions are:

Bookshelves Script SKSE

Unread Books Glow (Dim runic setting, skill/quest/spell books only)

Unknown Enchants

Supreme and Volumetric Fog

Morning Fogs

Smaller Ice Spike and Ice Spear

Faster Get Up Stand Up Animation

Bergzore's Run Sprint and Jump Animations

Nightingale Pride - Bow and Blade Reincarnation

Dragonborn Ascendant

ESF Companion's Guild & ESF Aela

Helgen Reborn

Vilja

Obviously I patch these myself as necessary; I also combine all my patches into a single file, and DDSOpt a whole bunch of extra stuff.

What if anything did you have to do with Helgen Reborn? Were there many conflicts?