RCRN

stoppingby4now

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are comparisons to 2.1 in the preview vid I watched a couple of days ago. There was text popping up saying 2.1 and 3.0 in the bottom of the screen. If this was another video then I apologize. :)

I've got a question concerning RCRN and AO. Is AO still adding some to the visual quality if RCRN is used? Or is it redundant then?

It very much is, AO makes a huge difference.

You can see a quick comparison of Ambient Occlusion vs no AO here:

https://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide/Skyrim-Tweak-Guide-AO-Comparison.html

You can move the slider to where you want to compare specific areas.

You should be able to lower the RCRN contrast and saturation in the injFX_Settings.h file located in the Skyrim root.

WOW! AO is necessary judging by that link :D

Also, RCRN killed my fps. I had 5fps. Turned off V-sync and got 16. Guess I'm back to using Realistic Lighting with Customization.... bummer too because v3 looked cool. (too bad I wasn't using the hi-res versions of textures. Then I'd have an easy way to get more by just downgrading)

well, my skyrim hates me and breaks for all kind of obscure reasons. It could be something else occurred after I installed RCRN. I've had it break because I installed a few mods in different orders before (not load order, install order) which makes no sense...

well, my skyrim hates me and breaks for all kind of obscure reasons. It could be something else occurred after I installed RCRN. I've had it break because I installed a few mods in different orders before (not load order, install order) which makes no sense...

It does make sense if mods conflict files that are vital to the mods, which is why using WB to install everything is the best option as you can then see exactly which files are conflicting between various mods.

I only have the low-res versions of textures installed up until the RCRN step currently, so I can't see a conflict being the issue (but I'm learning not to assume things with skyrim xD).

my system is:

AMD Phenom 955

AMD 5750 1gb

8gb RAM

Windows 7 x64

EDIT: I haven't installed TC's RCRN addon yet, so maybe that's why it hurts my fps so much?