RCRN

stoppingby4now

I installed TC's addon and things are much better now (I get about 29 fps now). 29 is about what I'd get with vanilla Skyrim (+the dlc) so it seems fine. It might be safer to go down to Medium settings since fights and cities will drop my fps quite a bit I'm sure. At least the RCRN stuff was fixed. Thank you TheCompiler for the addon, it makes a HUGE difference :D

EDIT: went down to Medium settings, I'm getting 40 fps now, which is good. And with the STEP stuff, it still looks nice :D

EDIT2: And I just realized AO is an Nvidia thing (AMD here) which is why I haven't found a setting for it anywhere xD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with Spiffy. On a lower spec machine I had a recognisable drop in FPS using RCRN, not huge but significant once you are dealing with an average FPS ~20.

I returned to using RLwC which I like anyway ;)

As to adjusting RCRN in the way described, using Imaginator may be an easier way if you're not used to tweaking ini settings.

So in addition to overwriting textures/landscape/snow01 and _n and landscape/roads/road01snow01 and _n, RCRN 3.0 also overwrites the following:

landscape/dirtsnowpath01

landscape/grasssnow01

landscape/snow02 and _n

landscape/trees/treepineforestbranchcompsnow

Will have to take a look into that.

Done, nothing in the install order should change, I only need to add few notes to specify it actually overwrites more stuff from more mods, but fortunally nothing should be moved ;)

Note: after RCRN, install again: Alternate sun glare, High Quality 3D Map, A Quality World Map and overwrite.

You can try using the old addon for the new RCRN, but i didn't test it, i've updated the iCCC addon for RCRN v3.0 but this time the fps hit is the same as RCRN, you can use the new RCRN configurator to remove some features and reduce the fps hit near to 0 again ;)

Gonna have a look at changing the SRO textures (only the ones that RCRN replaces ofcourse, and I simply deleted the terrain folder from RCRN as I don't think that was meant to be there at all as there was no reason for it) to work with RCRN 3 without overbrightened snow. Shouldn't be too hard methinks, but doubt it'll be releaseable since it's Starac's work. The snowtextures with RCRN just look so out of place with their low resolution on a STEP install..

Yes i know, i don't notice it very much since i use the low res for every texture, because i don't think texture should necessary be HD to have a good graphics. Graphics is influenced more by the bump-effect of the textures and their overall features. HD textures are more convenient of small object like armor, weapons, NPCs, clutter etc. Anyway, you can use another snow replacer on top of RCRN in order to have HD snow.

Yes i know, i don't notice it very much since i use the low res for every texture, because i don't think texture should necessary be HD to have a good graphics. Graphics is influenced more by the bump-effect of the textures and their overall features. HD textures are more convenient of small object like armor, weapons, NPCs, clutter etc. Anyway, you can use another snow replacer on top of RCRN in order to have HD snow.

That's the point, using SRO landscape on top of RCRN causes overbrightened snow in many weathers, so will need to edit the textures to make them work properly. Will be looking into that later tonight

this time the fps hit is the same as RCRN, you can use the new RCRN configurator to remove some features and reduce the fps hit near to 0 again ;)

Could you give an idea of which features can be removed to regain the fps please?