STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

3 STEP sound mods are missing from the Nexus. If anyone has any detail on why, please reply to this (Thanks in advance!):

Realistic Weapon Swing Sounds (by ???)

Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds (by Cliffworms)

Sounds of Skyrim - Dungeons(by Cliffworms)

I am very disappointed ...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds of Skyrim was hidden due to errors found when uninstalling the mod. Source

I'm not 100% sure why he did that as it works fine otherwise. Users have come up with a safe uninstall procedure here.

Personally I still use all three of the SoS series of mods without any issue.

Not sure about the other one.

OK, it sounds like Cliffworms will be fixing and adding back maybe. Could you (or anyone) host the third one (forget what it is offhand). I only have wilds and dungeons.

Thanks

I've uploaded Civilizations v1.0 (with the crash fix) to my public Dropbox here.

OK, it sounds like Cliffworms will be fixing and adding back maybe. Could you (or anyone) host the third one (forget what it is offhand). I only have wilds and dungeons.

Thanks

I've uploaded Civilizations v1.0 (with the crash fix) to my public Dropbox here.
Thanks!

Not sure where "Realistic Weapon Swing Sounds" is from, but I can upload it if someone wants it. (not sure about the legality of doing so though). It's a must-have mod, IMO. The default sounds suck and are really annoying (like the sheathing/unsheathing sound)

That one is really good too, I have all of STEP at the moment, so off there are any other requests let me know. I'm not sure if it's technically legal but since the author is unreachable I don't feel that bad about it as long as we include the original contents of the archive and it's not broadcasted publicly.

Hmm, actually the sheathing sounds are from "Improved Combat Sounds" so "Realistic Weapon Swing Sounds" just includes the swing sounds. I don't see any readme at all in the archive or any signs of an author on google.

Edit: does anyone know how the swings from "Improved Combat Sounds" compares?

Most of the sheathe and swing mods (as well as Vanilla) get the sounds wrong. These big pieces of metal have bigger, clangier sounds than those that exist for the game (existing sound like a fencing foil rather than an actual sword).

I am sifting through all of the sound mods available and finding almost nothing that sounds right. I think I may just have to create this mod myself ;)