STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my personal problems with STEP 2.1c

- Really bad texture shimmering especially on loading screens

- Loading screens and Items on them are so dark that one can barely distinct the item from the background.

First one is very likely from Post-Processing by the FXAA injector. Personally I don't see a need for the PP when we have all these new HR textures and it ruins overall quality (imo) with "shimmering" (it sharpens the picture more then what is needed).

Second one is also guaranteed from the injector and you can't do much about it except not using the injector. If it's unbearable then you might want to check out Realistic Lighting With Customization and use that instead of the injector.

Also I have another bug report

Section A3) Textures/Mesh the mods Ruins Urn ReTexture and Vandr Presents - HD Imperial Tower both have the following files:

Textures\Clutter\Ruins\ ruinsurn01.dds & ruinsurn01_n.dds

So my personal problems with STEP 2.1c- Really bad texture shimmering especially on loading screens

- Loading screens and Items on them are so dark that one can barely distinct the item from the background.

First one is very likely from Post-Processing by the FXAA injector. Personally I don't see a need for the PP when we have all these new HR textures and it ruins overall quality (imo) with "shimmering" (it sharpens the picture more then what is needed).Second one is also guaranteed from the injector and you can't do much about it except not using the injector. If it's unbearable then you might want to check out Realistic Lighting With Customization and use that instead of the injector.

Also I have another bug report

Section A3) Textures/Mesh the mods Ruins Urn ReTexture and Vandr Presents - HD Imperial Tower both have the following files:

Thanks for the report! About PP sharpening, you can reduce the sharpen (or remove it) by opening the injFX_Settings.h file in skyrim folder, and change the value float Sharpen = to something lower than it is.

pm'd Torminater some findings, will need to be tested but Z-fighting may be linked to FloatpointRenderTarget. Most I assume have regarded it like binary 0=off 1=on and passed it off as a performance heavy ENB requirement, but after a lot of reading today over this it seems as though it could be instead that Float-Point Render --your target is either--0 as in the near plane where players will notice Z-artifacts and fighting instantly , ergo console players, and 1 as in the far plane (a float point render target out to the 1 or far plane has the unique side effect of helping with SSAO and other screen space effects common with ENB users but its primary purpose was for precision) This will of course need testing and may not completely resolve everyone's issues due to different tweaks that have been suggested, mods, the quality of textures or meshes, etc etc but it would make sense that Beth who focused mostly on the console market would want the most detail or precision or render power up close (also would explain the crazy narrow default FOV) When PC players began the mod quest and FOV tweaking lo and behold the far plane of the game viewspace began seeing loads of z-fighting.

Hopefully through testing in conjunction with other tweaks , settings, graphics options, we can drill down on if this is true.

Ive investigated, and the two mods don't seem to share any file, need a confirmation.

Ive investigated, and the two mods don't seem to share any file, need a confirmation.

Confirmed. At the same time I triple-checked the report I did on another page here about every file from Worn Detailed Guards and Banners being overwritten by other STEP mod and still get the same result. Can anyone confirm that? Suppose it should either get moved or removed unless I'm having some odd issue. :)

The sword sound bug has come somehow. I installed the fix and the noise went away, but then I installed some other mods and the sound came back. I uninstalled all the mods that I added that went part of STEP and the sound was still there, so I decided to reinstall STEP over again. Even after I did that the sword sound is still there.

It seems weird that this would happen since the only mods I added were some armor sets and faster vanilla horses.

The sword sound bug has come somehow. I installed the fix and the noise went away, but then I installed some other mods and the sound came back. I uninstalled all the mods that I added that went part of STEP and the sound was still there, so I decided to reinstall STEP over again. Even after I did that the sword sound is still there.

It seems weird that this would happen since the only mods I added were some armor sets and faster vanilla horses.

This is extremely weird. You should try disabling only the sound mods (which have esps).

what order are the esp's in? Another thread said BOSS did not sort in the correct order as of yesterday although BOSS may have been updated since then

Can you please link that thread? if that's still valid it's an issue that must be investigated.

@TC

It's on page 2 of this thread, but the fix worked when I installed it the first time after Vond said it was an issue. Plus, Boss has been updated to load the correct order now of ICS then ICS fix. The weird part for me is that the fix doesn't work anymore. I'm going to reinstall one more time after deleting the ICS files and redownloading them just in case they were corrupted somehow, so I'll post what happens.

EDIT: So I reinstalled Skyrim with just STEP again the sword sound was gone. I guess it was the armor mods I installed that conflicted or disabled the fix somehow, but that doesn't make any sense to me. I'll figure out which mod it was in the morning.

I think this one wasn't mentioned before (it's also minor):

In the guide, where you, TC, suggest to install SRO the second time, the comparison links in the COMPILER'S ADVICE section are broken (I think that not the full url was included because of the ... in between).

I think this one wasn't mentioned before (it's also minor):

In the guide, where you, TC, suggest to install SRO the second time, the comparison links in the COMPILER'S ADVICE section are broken (I think that not the full url was included because of the ... in between).

Image links fixed :)