Timing is Everything (by kryptopyr)

vfxninjaeditor

Essential mod for me I wish I'd discovered it earlier in my playthrough as most of Whiterun's NPC's have died in DG vampire attacks but at least the citizens of other settlements can sleep safely in their beds for now.

Ok there is a bit of a problem with USLEEP it doesn't forward the changes to one of the Afflicted quests. Its an easy fix but still worth pointing out:

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1538020-relz-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep-1/?p=25030970

Edited by soupdragon

• 2 months later...

Found a glitch with this mod. Not really a glitch. More of a cheat.

Spoiler Alert! Don't continue reading unless you want some details to be spoiled. Nothing major.

Okay, so I have it checked for the Thalmor to leave me alone until after the Diplomacy quest (when they actually have a good reason to). I have yet to complete that quest; however, I do have the Missing in Action quest in which you can storm a Thalmor hold to free a certain captive. I'm an archer and have just learned that because of the scenario and mod option, I am able to stay reasonably close to the fort and pick off the Thalmor without them attacking me. In fact, they will not attack me unless I'm pretty much standing inside the perimeter of the fort.

With this I could most likely also attack the Thalmor along the roads from a distance without them doing a thing in return. The guards in the fort were simply going along their day like nothing was happening while being filled with arrows.

Those options are just modifying the Thalmor random encounter. I'm pretty sure the guards during Missing in Action are always stupid even without TIE. And I'm absolutely sure that if you do that quest any time before level 8 you would see that same behavior. So it's really more of a core game bug.

Although now that you point it out maybe completing that quest should also be enough to trigger their hostility. Although when I do that quest there certainly isn't anyone left alive who would report what happened back to Thalmor headquarters. :)

Those options are just modifying the Thalmor random encounter. I'm pretty sure the guards during Missing in Action are always stupid even without TIE. And I'm absolutely sure that if you do that quest any time before level 8 you would see that same behavior. So it's really more of a core game bug. Although now that you point it out maybe completing that quest should also be enough to trigger their hostility. Although when I do that quest there certainly isn't anyone left alive who would report what happened back to Thalmor headquarters. :)

It's possible, but I'm level 13. I've just never noticed such dumb behavior before and this is the only one that should be affecting them in any way. No other NPCs are doing this either.

That was my thinking too. No one to report it or anyone who saw your face left alive so it shouldn't trigger the Thalmor to seek you out.

Here's the information you may need for the Thalmor settings:

Thalmor Squad: Min Level - This is the minimum level you must reach before Thalmor Execution Squads will be sent after your character. Default: 8
Thalmor Squad: Quest Requirement - Checking this box will prevent Thalmor Execution Squads from coming for your character until after Diplomatic Immunity or until after taking Whiterun as a Stormcloak. Default: off

The first I've left to the default and I'm level 13 so that shouldn't be an issue. The second setting I have enabled (on). This is the one that I would be looking at and I'm suspecting. Though, it could very well be a vanilla bug, too. It's been too long since I've played that quest and I don't have a vanilla save to test it on, though I could create one. It'll be a bit before that can happen.

Tech, Do you have a save made just prior to doing the Missing in Action quest?  If so, would you hang onto this save?  It might prove useful for future testing.

Edit: Also, has your character started the Civil War quest for either side?  If you're affiliated with the Imperial Legion, that might impact your relationship with the Thalmor faction.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Essential mod for me I wish I'd discovered it earlier in my playthrough as most of Whiterun's NPC's have died in DG vampire attacks but at least the citizens of other settlements can sleep safely in their beds for now.

Ok there is a bit of a problem with USLEEP it doesn't forward the changes to one of the Afflicted quests. Its an easy fix but still worth pointing out:

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1538020-relz-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep-1/?p=25030970

This should be added to the guide no? Or do you try to not ask users to do edits so they don't mess things up?

I will message the mod author (even if I'm sure someone already did).