Script thread hogs

Kudara

Question

I've run into an issue with too many script heavy mods running...and I do have quite a few.  My issue is how do I figure out which mods are using the most scripts so I can figure out which ones I can do without and which are necessary.

SkyRe, Better Vampires, Moonlight Tales, Deadly Dragons, Frostfall, Realistic Needs and Diseases, Hunterborn and Climates of Tamriel are core mods for me, now what I added in this last time that seem to have tipped over the camel are Player Headtracking, the Run for your Lives mods, the Unknown Enchants, Ultimate Follower Overhaul, Wet and Cold (i suspect this is the main culprit), Enhanced Lights and FX (is that script intensive?), Dwemerverse (not sure if this is script intensive..)

Part of my problem is of course figuring out which mods are script intensive before I just start getting rid of mods in a blind attempt to lighten the script load for Frostfall.

Also does anyone know how to get rid of Player Headtracking?  I tried uninstalling it but that corrupted my save game and I had to reinstall it.

If you want all of that running smoothly I'd follow Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited guide as you'll need to make some patches as well. I'd nix UFO in favor of Extensible Follower Framework. Kick Player Headtracking to the curb (not worth the hassle imo). Dwemerverse will likely have problems and if you're just looking to spice magic up a bit follow Iroha's SkyRe guide it requires a Skyrim Revisited install just fyi. I haven't tried Hunterborn or Unknown Enchants out yet so idk how they are everything else you mentioned is in either Neovalen's guide or Iroha's extension.

LOL I'd like to kick Player Headtracking to the curb but when I tried it corrupted my save game. I'll have to look at Extensible Follower Framework. I was just looking for something to make my followers more user friendly. As for the guides where would I find them?

Actually for now things are working as I decided that getting rid of Wet and Cold would most likely solve my issues. I'd love to get it working again but from what I read in a few places it is a resource hog with all the constant checks and actions occurring. Certainly just turning off the cold and shelter checks changed Frostfalls script notification from over 90 seconds to 29 seconds.

Hmm actually I followed most of the STEP guide when I setup my current survivalism based game so I don't think it's that thats an issue, I don't really have problems with lag. The issue is that Frostfall won't work unless its scripts can complete their work within 20 seconds. It's a papyrus issue really but it occurs from what I've read when you have a few too many script intensive mods or more likely from what i've read mods that aren't as tightly scripted as possible. Which seems to be entirely too easy to do with papyrus...with all the excellent scripting languages out there why they went to the bother of making a poor one I don't know.

What I really need I guess is to figure out which scripts are constantly running...because I know Frostfall and RN&D are running all the time and taking up a fair share of the available resources. Since those are musts for this playthrough I need to figure out just what else I can fit in there.

Is there anyway to see whose threads are running? maybe turn on debugging and look?

What I really need I guess is to figure out which scripts are constantly running...because I know Frostfall and RN&D are running all the time and taking up a fair share of the available resources. Since those are musts for this playthrough I need to figure out just what else I can fit in there.

Is there anyway to see whose threads are running? maybe turn on debugging and look?

I would like to know that as well. Anyone?

Actually after reading that papyrus is the scripting engine it seems rather obvious that turning back on logging, which I had turned off in case it was contributing to the problem, and seeing exactly what the logging says is running is something I should do to see what changed recently. I was running both Frostfall and Wet and Cold successfully but then I added in a few programs. Without a doubt Wet and Cold is as script intensive as Frostfall from what I saw in the old logs, but I think I must have added in a third script hog to tip things over :)

I'll turn it back on tonight and see what shows up because I really did like the added immersion Wet and Cold gave.

what is STATUS?  The Papyrus log helps but by no means does it seem to have information on what mods exactly have scripts.  Instead what I'm getting are what mods that have good documentation and do compatibility checks and such along with errors and warnings.

Well you can always extract the bsa and see if it has a script folder to look at how many scripts are in there. If it's just a couple then I'd imagine that it isn't doing much harm or it's just adjusting the already existing scripts. I always thought those to mods should be combined anyways since they do the same thing, one for dragons and one for vamps.