Alternate Start - Live Another Life by Arthmoor

youtoo

Discussion topic:

Alternate Start - Live Another Life by Arthmoor

Wiki Link

Is this too much of a change for STEP? The generic introduction is long and dull after you have seen it a few times. All this allows you to do is choose how you want to start. Its good for replayability. Some of the scenarios are fun. The shipwreck one you are left underwater off the northcoast and you have to find your way out of the ship and swim to shore. You can also choose the regular start. The mod is about choices. So you dont have to change anything. I dont know about compatibility issues.

I don't even think this mod needs a recommendation, it's one of the most popular mods on Nexus (24th place on most endorsed mods ever) :)

It has some conflicts with certain lighting mods and some other one I cannot recall now.

It is an awesome mod for roleplay, I'm using it since... can't even remember when :)

::EDIT::

I've changed the thread title. For future reference - please title the thread accordingly to the mod name on Nexus.

The official STEP guide is about enhancing vanilla not about changing it which is what Alternate Start does. The idea is to create a jumping off point that people can then customize from there. Neo took this to next level with SR.

That's arguable IMO. This doesn't change the game just allows more variety while keeping the vanilla feel the same. I view it as an extension of the character creation menu that should have been in the game from the start (at least as an option if you'd already gone through the Helgen intro once say via a main menu pop-up dialog).

The admins may disagree however I will throw my vote in in support regardless.

Put it in a gameplay pack as an optional.

This is a much better choice considering the amount of work involved with TES5Edit to make a patch, inherit DLC changes, etc... The Core STEP guide should be approachable by as many users as possible, then as that user wants more they can move towards more complex modding with STEP packs.

• 1 year later...

I've been using AS-LAL and a variety of immersion mods to play as a Forsworn native (thanks very much for including it in SR:LE). I see that I start with a bounty in the Reach (I guess my native face tattoos don't wash off) and that plus some in game investigation leads me to some questions to better enjoy my AS-LAL experience, if any AS-LAL / SR:LE users want to jump in with comments they would be appreciated.I have good relations with the Forsworn of Druadach Redoubt (as expected), and appear to be on good terms with the neighboring tribes. When venturing to Markarth I am confronted by city guards (as expected with the bounty from the alternate start) and I selected "take me to jail". After either escaping or serving my time I find that returning to Druadach Redoubt (my base of operation and loot storage) results in hostility from the Forsworn native there.I'm curious, are there particular events that will change my "forsworn status" or relation to the Forsworn? In particualr being sent to Cidnha Mine (Markarth jail option) &/or taking a mission that involves a Forsworn location (Arnleif & Sons lost shipment, etc.).