1. 1. Which option is best for STEP?

• Vanilla + HRDLC
    • STEP (Realistic Paper)
    • HQ Paper

TechAngel85's Compares:Vanilla  >>  STEP  >>  HQ Paper

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I like the HQ paper for this one

I REALLY don't like HQ paper here. The HQ Paper seems incongrous to me if you compare to the rest of the skyrim world. The nords are not the Dwemer their books will be handmade and the edges more than likely won't be as crisply cut. They all share the same model so there isn't much you can do but Realistic Paper hides the clean edges better than Vanilla or HQ Paper.

I still don't like HQ Paper here but it's not as bad as the books

I like the HQ Paper ledger here, but mainly because Realistic Paper doesn't seem to touch it. I don't know how I feel about the removal of the signatures though. I don't really like that they're gone as it's like a marker or people signing off (if you know what I mean)

I like both HQ Skyrim Map and HQ Papers Map in this one

I'd vote for a custom BCF for this one as well as custom instructions on which files to remove on the wiki for Mod Organizer users.

I'm with the rest of the admin on this one and vote for HQ Paper for all cases. The scrolls are an obvious choice from what I can see. Books are good in both Realistic Paper and HQ Paper. I like the addition of the imprint in the wax seal on the notes; a detail I've always noticed to be missing in vanilla. The ledger is such an improvement that any small changes is acceptable in my book. No one is going to be standing around and looking at it in detail while gaming anyhow. The maps is HQ Paper all the way for me. It's a HQ retext of the vanilla. HQ Skyrim Map is not.

In fact, I dare say that HQ Paper is close enough to vanilla in all cases that it could be considered for Core.

• 5 years later...

Old thread, I know. But I've spent the last several hours going through the STEP 2.10.0 guide (STEP:Extended for me) only to notice that HQ Paper has been removed from Nexus Mods.

I'm not entirely sure how to proceed from here. Do I just skip this? Is there a download mirror? Do I use an alternative (Realistic Paper)? Any other ideas? Will this affect the STEP Patches later on? It would be a shame for me to have spent all this time trying to get STEP working only for one mod to kill the whole thing... :confusion:

Old thread, I know. But I've spent the last several hours going through the STEP 2.10.0 guide (STEP:Extended for me) only to notice that HQ Paper has been removed from Nexus Mods.

I'm not entirely sure how to proceed from here. Do I just skip this? Is there a download mirror? Do I use an alternative (Realistic Paper)? Any other ideas? Will this affect the STEP Patches later on? It would be a shame for me to have spent all this time trying to get STEP working only for one mod to kill the whole thing... :confusion:

Just skip it or replace it.