aMidianBorn Whiterun (by CaBaL)

EssArrBee

Actually the issue is not really in the textures.. but in the meshes that make up the wall! ;) 

You could get more variation on them if you went in and manually put in various copies of the individual wall meshes and then assigned each one different textures.  

Main issue is that it is rather tedious to do...

Actually the issue is not really in the textures.. but in the meshes that make up the wall! ;) You could get more variation on them if you went in and manually put in various copies of the individual wall meshes and then assigned each one different textures. Main issue is that it is rather tedious to do...

We could just bother Brumbek until he does it. ::P:

Okay, I loaded this up, and I love it! I vote this for Core, as it fixes that ugly, horrible, nasty, utterly game-breaking seam when going to the Dragonsreach prison of the road to the grass. It doesn't really deviate from vanilla as much as Tech is making out IMO. Our current Whiterun Trellis retexture should override IMO as, even though the AMB is good, I still don't like it with its checkers, as it is the same pattern used around the Jarl's chair in Dragonsreach, and it doesn't make sense.

As to the wall thing, I greatly prefer AMB with the moss on top. Most of the time you are walking beside the wall and it seems realistic that way. I can't see how the SRO stones curving is better. Indeed, I think it worse.

I do agree with hiding

• wrslate02.dds  (stairs)
  • wrslate02_n.dds
  • wrslatefloor01.dds  (stone floor inside Dragonsreach)
  • wrslatefloor01_n.dds

• 11 months later...

Posting here for CaBaL...

There is an issue with the follow textures and their normals:

• wrstonebase01.dds
  • wrstonebase01_n.dds
  • wrstonebase02.dds
  • wrstonebase02_n.dds

There appears to be a line at the bottom of wrstonebase01 and top or wrstonebase02 that is causing an issue in the game. This appears to be in the textures themselves and is most visible in the alpha channels. Here's the result of the issue:

FHNDSQKDrM9jdgN16pQVpQH9zZmjIxQgYX8Jsgk21xwmwN7l

This affects both the 1K and 2K version of your mod.

You probably saw my explanation in my thread Tech, but yeah they are just hard mesh edges. On my wall I used the old Epic Games technique of making the normals slightly noisy, which helps to blend these sort of edges better.

• 1 month later...

I've always wanted this core, but we should have a look at SparrowPrince's Fixas as well.

Core will be okay with me, just know that this deviates to a degree from vanilla.

As for Fixas, I don't think we need it. Most of the better mesh fixes were grabbed by the USKP in its latest release.