aMidianBorn Whiterun (by CaBaL)

EssArrBee

eh,,,,right... grass...and grass transparencies... i've uploaded wrong files...kinda placeholder... sorry..the hurry...lately too much real life work and vodka : /

oh on side note.... there's no mod to add snow in whiterun area? i'm doing also clouds and got half an idea ... because seriously having snow in bruma and not in whiterun is weird.....

... is just that i saw many users pulling away their hair because SRO is not available on nexus... and honestly i cannot see the reason.... to make an identical mod...u need photoshop and a photoshop action for sharpening and resize... and time...that's all

That's basically what Starac used to say about other retexture projects ;) 

Starac used to say that people that made textures from scratch were the ones that were doing it wrong. He was special somehow because he took someone else's work and layered his own on top of it.

Anyways, lets bug Cabal about finishing Whiterun (and maybe Daedric armor?), then we can discuss our feelings about touchy modders. I was wondering if the area that leads up to the jail is a mesh problem since the stones stop blending.

Here's what I mean:

Posted Image

... is just that i saw many users pulling away their hair because SRO is not available on nexus... and honestly i cannot see the reason.... to make an identical mod...u need photoshop and a photoshop action for sharpening and resize... and time...that's all

That's basically what Starac used to say about other retexture projects ;) 
files talk, is not a subjective  thing....or me being a dick (well i'm a dick often... and maybe i'm the incarnation of evil..always bitching around textures lol) but...open the files... just that.... improved render ingame is simply the result of beth work with different size...maybe some enhancement (you cannot imagine how seamless textures are improved if you tile em twice or four time....with 0 effort)

nmc works for fo3 and new vegas are proper  projects of this kind ...rest is tweak...hate me... but these are the facts :)

Starac used to say that people that made textures from scratch were the ones that were doing it wrong. He was special somehow because he took someone else's work and layered his own on top of it.

Anyways, lets bug Cabal about finishing Whiterun (and maybe Daedric armor?), then we can discuss our feelings about touchy modders. I was wondering if the area that leads up to the jail is a mesh problem since the stones stop blending.

Here's what I mean:

Posted Image

that's a mesh problem since instead of a mesh with transparencies beth placed a solid one...and clearly my grass placeholder does not help at all.

Here's what I mean:

Posted Image

I think that's there in vanilla, I'd have to load it up to be sure. I can't right now as it's been storming alot and I never got to finish my Tester install last night (A friend needed to crash at my place since his AC went out and it's still about 80 degrees outside and hotter inside at night)

updated whiterun stuff... fixed the grass mess...lol,added displacement for project parallax users, a couple of new trims (visible mostly in dragonsreach) some work on stairway to dragonsreach, some new wooden parts...like the planks inside tavern (that texture is shared with a LOT of other object...took a bit to find somethig fitting everywhere.

i'm quite happy of results so far...

fixed the mismatching between city wall and city plaster wall... not perfect but works pretty well.

also some work on windows... darkened glow and envmap.

another update will contain temple and few missing stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always been very impressed by CaBaL's work, and I'm very pleased to see that he's moving onto landscapes and towns.  For my two cents, I wouldn't be concerned about individual textures, or even groups of textures, deviating widely from vanilla, so long as the combined result remains coherent and doesn't take huge liberties with TES architecture, etc. I like things faithful to vanilla in the macro, not the micro.

Keep up the good work CaBaL, and I hope you create a full and original replacement for SRO.

I have always been very impressed by CaBaL's work, and I'm very pleased to see that he's moving onto landscapes and towns.  For my two cents, I wouldn't be concerned about individual textures, or even groups of textures, deviating widely from vanilla, so long as the combined result remains coherent and doesn't take huge liberties with TES architecture, etc. I like things faithful to vanilla in the macro, not the micro.

Keep up the good work CaBaL, and I hope you create a full and original replacement for SRO.

Where in the install order should I be placing Cabal's roads/bridges and whiterun textures? At the end of Landscape section? It also has to go after project parallax remastered, right?