CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

Having the same issue:

PC (no laptop) with 32GB RAM, GTX980TI, Windows 7 x64 = Heavy modded Skyrim w/ ENBOOST works fine, rare CTDs.

Updated to Windows 10 x64 Creators Update = Skyrim crashes immediately.

Installed the DX package (link above), still crash.

Deleting the d3d9.dll from gamedir = Skrim runs, but W/O ENBoost.

BTW I'm using ENBoosts proxy library function to load a 2nd d3d9.dll from RCRN.

So... what is the trick?

What is your memory usage? Windows 8/10 is limited to 4096MBs.

4096 in enblocal.ini

Windows error code: Illegal Instruction - 0xc000001d

Injector version of ENBoost has the same effect. SKSE Loader reports: Couldn't inject DLL.

Edited by archer

• 2 months later...

Having the same issue.  ENBoost is causing CTDs.

I have a GTX 1060 video card with 3072 mb vram

I have just vanilla installed and enboost is causing CTDs.  Immediately - within 15 seconds of loading.

I used the v0315 version from ENBoost website.

I have the latest NVidia drivers.

I verified DX9 is correctly installed and available.

My system is Windows 10, MSI, laptop - with an M2 SSD 512 GB.

I installed STEP, per instructions twice.  Experienced lots of CTDs in very beginning.  So went back to a clean load and ran game after each step.  It is definitely the ENBoost.

I removed ENBoost, and ran the game - and no CTD.  No other changes were made.

Please advise as to how to fix.

Or should I skip altogether.

Thx

Having the same issue.  ENBoost is causing CTDs.

I have a GTX 1060 video card with 3072 mb vram

I have just vanilla installed and enboost is causing CTDs.  Immediately - within 15 seconds of loading.

I used the v0315 version from ENBoost website.

I have the latest NVidia drivers.

I verified DX9 is correctly installed and available.

My system is Windows 10, MSI, laptop - with an M2 SSD 512 GB.

I installed STEP, per instructions twice.  Experienced lots of CTDs in very beginning.  So went back to a clean load and ran game after each step.  It is definitely the ENBoost.

I removed ENBoost, and ran the game - and no CTD.  No other changes were made.

Please advise as to how to fix.

Or should I skip altogether.

Thx

You can probably skip it. Things like this are better reported on the ENB Dev forums so that Boris can look into it. Though he may write it off as a Windows 10 issue. He doesn't officially support anything past Windows 7.

You can probably skip it. Things like this are better reported on the ENB Dev forums so that Boris can look into it. Though he may write it off as a Windows 10 issue. He doesn't officially support anything past Windows 7.

Update #1 - Writing this to assist others

Solved - On the link to ENBSeries forums you provided above (https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5570), it states "It can be because of bad drivers or because some crapware is running. Make sure there is no geforce experience, steam overlay, afterburner and many other tools which hook in to game process. Even razer and logitek services can do this."

I checked my system - GeForce Experience overlay was turned off.  However, my steam overlay had somehow turned itself back on (I originally turned it off, and it's still off for my other games.)  I turned of the Steam Overlay.

Additionally, I turned off several potentially conflicting MSI programs and tested each.  The culprit:  Nahimic Audio Studio is the major offender.

To play - with ENBoost - I will have to disable Nahimic every time.  I have reached out to that community, but don't expect a resolution.  PS - I also noted this software has conflicts with other things.

My thanks to Borris - and Akatosh for helping me find this.

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

Alright so here is my rig: I got a 7700K, a GTX1080 Ti and 16GB Ram on Windows 10. 

I ran the VRamSizeTest for DX9 and I only get 4096. 

Although I also read that this limit does not apply anymore for W10. Cause... I obviously have more than 4GB VRam... 

Could somebody help me? 

I am running Realvision ENB and I am desperatly trying to set it so that I won't have any drop... It does not matter how many FPS I get (around 80 in 2K and 120 in Full HD) I always get regularly drops down to 40 FPS, whenever I am in Skyrim... But like the game stops for 1ms. This is really annoying. 

Thank you very much for your answer :)

Hello everybody,

Alright so here is my rig: I got a 7700K, a GTX1080 Ti and 16GB Ram on Windows 10. 

I ran the VRamSizeTest for DX9 and I only get 4096. 

Although I also read that this limit does not apply anymore for W10. Cause... I obviously have more than 4GB VRam... 

Could somebody help me? 

I am running Realvision ENB and I am desperatly trying to set it so that I won't have any drop... It does not matter how many FPS I get (around 80 in 2K and 120 in Full HD) I always get regularly drops down to 40 FPS, whenever I am in Skyrim... But like the game stops for 1ms. This is really annoying. 

Thank you very much for your answer :)

You need to update Windows 10 to Fall Creator Update

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-uRnUeVQtfNaY84PWblzGHg&tduid=(035a5ea55cc716a4a03aa020c92616a6)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-uRnUeVQtfNaY84PWblzGHg)()

• 2 years later...

I have a new Gigabyte Aero 17 YA with UHD display, 64GB RAM, NVIDIA 2080RTX Max-Q 8GB, and 2TB SDD.

ENBoost crashes my game immediately. not even getting to the logo screen.

p.S. - installing DirectX version 9 from the MS website solved the problem. This version is apparently not included with Windows 10

Edited by aragonit