CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

The enbseries.ini contains all the "special effect" info.

The enblocal.ini contains the technical stuff like memory optimization etc.

If you only have enblocal.ini and the .dll then it will assume that everything else is deactivated. If you have the other as well then it will apply the effects.

If you futhermore have enbeffect.fx file then it will apply the shaders included in that to the color correction.

If you have an enbbloom.fx file then it will apply the shader code in here to the enbbloom.

if you have enbeffectprepass.fx then it will apply the depth of field code included in that.

The sunsprite will contain information about how the sunsprite will look. Like rain will contain the base texture for the rain effect.

In the enblocal.ini you can set a proxy lib. like sweetFX that will then apply its shaders/injectors as well. Hence you can take ULO and put it on top of a neutral ENB and get the best of both worlds if you want to do that for example.

Guess that covers it all.

Hey Aiyen, do you know if we need to use the FloatPointRenderTarget and other INI tweaks if we just use enblocal.ini and the ENB d3d9.dll? I know that it is for ENB graphics, but if you don't have to use the INI tweaks you get better performance.

Hmm guess I am slightly wrong.. at least with my testing.

"If you only have enblocal.ini and the .dll then it will assume that everything else is deactivated. If you have the other as well then it will apply the effects."

This would be wrong, at least by my own testing. If you only have that file ENB will create a default enbseries.ini upon starting the game. So guess the correct path would be to create one where the effects option is disabled entirely.

I did not see any of the normal glaring issues when FloatPointRenderTarget is not enabled so guess that can be done! I only did a very minimal amount of testing so see if there where any "see through buildings" stuff going on, but there was not. So I guess it can be disabled, as for performance gains then I am skeptical but mainly because I could not see any.

I just want to say that enb 0.198 and 0200 have completely eliminated memory-related CTDs. I occasionally (and I stress, OCCASIONALLY) still get some freezes during fast travel, but not nearly as much as I used to. All hail Boris. 

ps, I was able to add back in vurt's high-res pines 4k and I still don't have any crashes due to memory. 

Torminator: There is the "UseDefferedRendering" which needs to be active to enable AO etc. However it does not disable everything afaik... Guess I should test that at some point.

DoYouEvenModBro: Happy to hear its working out nicely for you!

The enblocal.ini now looks like this:

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false

UseDefferedRendering=true

ForceFakeVideocard=false

Just change the first line to true for only memory effects. I believe that the proxy library still works too though if you want to use SMAA injector.

I updated my RealVision to 200, and I somehow completely ran out of memory period. Skyrim crashed, Chrome crashed, all aboard the failboat :><:  It was pretty exciting to see the 780MB in the Elys MemInfo, until it CTDed that is... when I opened Task Manager the enbhost was at 1.7GB of RAM on top of Skyrim. I generally try to close absolutely everything except a couple tabs of Chrome (UESP wiki and STEP forums). Even in the past when I was still using 2K interior *and* exterior textures and non-halved normals, I've never had that happen (I've had the occasional out of mem CTD for Skyrim only, a few times, but none recently since I further optimized my mods). I switched to the 199 version and it seemed ok... This is really the first time I've used an ENB for more than a few minutes, so I'm not a pro yet and I could just be doin' it rong. It seems very new as well, so I think I may just see how 199 goes for now.

Yeah it didn't really seem like that was occurring for me, not that I really delved into it... I have actually been playing the game instead of just modding it D: didn't feel like messing with it further. I don't like the Steam browser's font rendering, and it's just as easy to tab out with BW to my normal browser that also has LastPass.

Well if you have decent performance with v199 then maybe roll it back if you have an old copy of your ENB. The enbhost.exe was just introduced so it may take a bit for it to be perfected. I had a few crashes today, which is weird because I played about 3 hours last night without so much as a hiccup.

enbhost.exe is supposed to off load some of the data from TESV.exe so you can use more than is allowed by the 32-bit executable. It is part of all the RAM reduction stuff in ENB now.

Why do you use Chrome over the Steam browser?

AHh so this behavior is part of how it works. I had a CTD and then saw this as well. Boost.exe was at 1.72 GB of mem in task manager.

I don't use just the boost, but the latest performance ENB from Realvision ENB version that goes with ENB version .200- The boost.exe still runs in the background.

ENBHost is 32 bit with 4GB limit

Enbhost.exe is process which mod start when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, it is garbage collector for memory. In future i probably make several copies of the same process to cover greater memory range. As i don't have hardware for testing 64 bit, i did this as 32 bit application, so only 4 gb memory available for each enbhost.exe running. This means that all unused memory allocated in enbhost.exe and when required, it send back to game. Skyrim 4 gb + enbhost 4 gb.

So 2 ENBHost gives 8GB and 3=12GB !!!

12) Graphic effects do not work after installing this. To turn on ENBSeries as graphic

mod (ENBoost use only patch of it), set parameter UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false

in enblocal.ini.

ENBSeries (The Graphics Mod)

v0.195 or later is same program only difference

ENBLocal.Ini Settings

ENBoost Settings just for Memory Boost

Any Graphics ENB v0.195 Graphics and Memory Boost