Damn That Weird Tree!

ManyTheKing

Question

Hi , I'm new here but not new as follower of this awesome STEP

Before all, I have to tell u that English isn't my first language so apologize for grammatical errors or others.

I'm comming here because I followed STEP to mod Skyrim and I got some issues, two for now exactly

I start a new game cause of all new mods I installed so imagine the Bethesda's introduction 

First, after a moment, some trees are bugged, I mean these trees are pixellised with big white blocks like this https://i.imgur.com/U9GQbGE.jpg but on trees and more like 'blocks'

The second problem is from barrels I think, I'm not sure if it is the correct word for this, u know this container where u put the whine or something like it, they are like the dragon, a kind of blue color

So I'm here to know how to resolve that, I want to know from which mod those bugs come.

Thank u

Sorry again for this poor english :(

By the way, I tried to use TES5Edit to clean mods but I think it isnt working for me, green files stay green after 'Cleaning Filters' or comes red sometimes... any idea what do i do wrong?

For example, one of the files on BirdsCleanHF was red, so I disabled it and after that, Skyrim.esm and Heathfire.esm becomes red..

And green files from BirdsCleanHF stayed green.. ( But i just see that BOSS dont want me to clean it now..)

Could you have a look at your textures under "Data > Textures > Landscape > Trees" please? It should look like this if using SFO:

Normal and Summer

Posted Image

Basic

Posted Image

Make sure you check through it and see if you can note any missing files.

Double check if you have all the "treepineforestbranchcomp" textures I listed. It just looks like it's missing one of them. If you can upload your contents of both the "trees" folders under "textures" and "meshes" so I can have a look that would be great. :) Zippyshare is free and doesn't have any of that security nonsense if you want to upload it there.

Hopefully we will get there! ;) Oh and I'm not sure about your other question.

Thanks.

My other question is about BCF files in STEP installation, sometimes for some mods, in the 'Notes' part, there are BCF files u can download, but I don't know what to do with them..

Ty, I'll try your mod and list my current tree folder here :)

My other question is about BCF files in STEP installation, sometimes for some mods, in the 'Notes' part, there are BCF files u can download, but I don't know what to do with them..

Ty, I'll try your mod and list my current tree folder here :)

I've removed the link because I have done a full upload, but I only asked you to try it to make sure if it wasn't something else. It's up to you. :)

If you have Nifskope you can check the trees' texture paths yourself. There is a tutorial here:

https://www.creationkit.com/Retexture_Tutorial 

Basically skip to the Nifskope bit, as it shows you how to expand "BSLightingShaderProperty". There may be multiples of these properties, but you can follow each one to your texture folder. If you can find out exactly what tree type it is in the games that will cut out some work. Not sure about commands or anything. If you need any help, just say. :)

I have this same issue. Been trying to track it down for a while now. I've fully re-installed SFO and verified that all SFO files are installed and taking priority over other mods. No dice. I'm not new to modding in the slightest but this one has me stumped. In case it helps, I did manage to find someone else with the same issue. For them it was the lush trees patch for SFO that caused the problem. We aren't using that patch as it is no longer needed. But maybe that can provide a clue as to the cause?

EDIT: On that note. I installed Lush Trees, loading it after SFO and allowing it to overwrite. Seems to have fixed the issue for me. I actually like Lush Trees so it's a suitable fix for me. Hopefully it helps ManyTheKing find a fix as well.

It's sounds even more odd now. :D

Well I just updated Lush Trees, took my time and made it how I wanted with a lot of tweaks to the meshes and textures. :) It's got to be a missing texture if Lush Trees fixes it for you as that has it's own custom path, and it's not pointing to any vanilla files. It doesn't sound like Many is using the patch though. :confused: