PondFish and Salmon Replacer (by Nexus79)

ControlledChaos

Discussion thread:
PondFish and Salmon Replacer by Nexus79
Wiki Link

I think the designs and textures of the fish in this package are closer to what you would expect in a place like Skyrim.  I installed it and it looks excellent in game.

Mod Testing

Link to compares: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=3058&pid=46050#pid46050

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the current pond fish replacer in STEP appears to be seriously brightly colored, this might actually be worth a look. If it fits within the vanilla art style of the game.

I think we'd like input from one of the texture gurus on the site first on this mod before we leap, however.

These look MUCH more believable than current STEP, IMO (I'm in the tropics so lore wise idk if these are the type of fish you'd see around scandanavia) I'll almost definately be using these in my personal install. Regardless of lore the texture quality is much better than current STEP.

Alright here's everything I believe. These were a pain in the ass until I just said screw trying to get comepletely identical shots of them while they were in the water so I just added some to my inventory.

Link

Weather's bad here and it's late so I don't have time to upload them individually. Also sorry about the messages they're very verbose I guess I should have made my saves after they all finished but hey mother nature is fickle.

Also this mod seems to include more than the normal water fish (not covered by current STEP). Anyways night guys... and girls

Does this mod have new models? I think based on that alone, this one wins. Only thing I find off is how big the eyes are on the fish. Probably realistic, but I find it creepy. :D

Looking really great. The only thing I don't like about it is the salmon (let HQ Food and Ingredients overwrite this mod), but other than that, it's well worth the addition. And it blends in to the vanilla game nicely, unlike another retexture mod that is making the hot files. And isn't Amidianborn caves.

Does this mod have new models? I think based on that alone' date=' this one wins. Only thing I find off is how big the eyes are on the fish. Probably realistic, but I find it creepy. :D[/quote']

Haha.  Yeah, they are kinda creepy, but fish eyes have always freaked me out a bit anyway!

based only on the mod page images, i really like the way this looks. i just grabbed it from nexus and will take a closer look in-game. i do tend to agree with those of you that think the current STEP textures are too bright and loud.. i believe these will fit nicely into the repertoire :)

based only on the mod page images' date=' i really like the way this looks. i just grabbed it from nexus and will take a closer look in-game. i do tend to agree with those of you that think the current STEP textures are too bright and loud.. i believe these will fit nicely into the repertoire :)[/quote']

Maybe you can take some compares while you're at it and post them in the traditional way (images on the forum). Sorry, Phazer but I'm not going to download a file to view compares. :ermm:

Here you are you paranoid weirdoes.

https://phazer11.minus.com/mp9YQxAjP8shP

Yeah, still no good. This is why we have a specific way of mod testing around here. For compares, the actual images need to be posted on the forum and labeled as you have seen numerous times in the MS and MT threads. As it is from your gallery, I have no idea what is vanilla (or STEP) and what is from this mod.