PondFish and Salmon Replacer (by Nexus79)

ControlledChaos

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, still no good. This is why we have a specific way of mod testing around here.

Posted Image

:D

I'm not just saying this for the sake of it, but I liked the folder so I could flick through it faster. It did the job for me. I agree though that the current way is better layed out and more organised.

OT: So you think this mod will go into STEP? I think it should. :)

My only issue with this mod is the smaller fish. It doesn't just change the color, but changes the design to look like a completely different species of fish altogether. I think the colors are more vanilla friendly though. So, I'll mark this for testing and put up a poll. I think it could replace the one we have now; however, it will not be Core.

Yeah' date=' still no good. This is why we have a specific way of mod testing around here.[/quote']

Posted Image

:D

I'm not just saying this for the sake of it' date=' but I liked the folder so I could flick through it faster. It did the job for me. I agree though that the current way is better layed out and more organised.

OT: So you think this mod will go into STEP? I think it should. :)[/quote']

Yeah I prefer the folder myself for that reason. Putting all 21 of the links in was a pain in the ass though. As far as I'm concerned this mod (Pondfish and Salmon) wins hands down over current S.T.E.P. by quite the large margin.

Though I would have to say I'm torn between having this mod and HQ Food and Ingredients Salmon or this mod's salmon (for the reason that in the second shot the salmon looks alot better except the red bits). It's a pity the red is so saturated as I like the new salmon models and the HQ Food and Ingredients textures won't work on the new models without work (I don't think; I haven't tried)

• 4 weeks later...
My only issue with this mod is the smaller fish. It doesn't just change the color' date=' but changes the design to look like a completely different species of fish altogether. I think the colors are more vanilla friendly though. So, I'll mark this for testing and put up a poll. I think it could replace the one we have now; however, it will not be Core.[/quote']

Can I hear from some admin, Mods, MTs on their feelings about this mod changing the mesh for the small pond fish? As for the salmon, this mod is closer to vanilla, IMO, but both STEP and the mod looks good.

I'm 100% in favor of this mod. It's a massive improvement over the vanilla fish. However, we need to be consistent with judging mods for Core vs Extended. The meshes are not simple vanilla improvements, but an entirely different look. Based on other recent discussions/decisions, I feel we need to be consistent and place this mod in Extended, not Core.

I think Pond Fish Retexture needs to be dropped entirely, as it's definitely not in the vanilla style, and I don't think it's an improvement over vanilla (the colorful retexture is too tropical for Skyrim).

Excellent points and I whole heartedly agree. A mod may change something for the better in an artistic improvement etc.. but if this improvement is not obviously better than vanilla then it needs to be in extended. rather than core.

CORE needs to be as simple as possible - a FIX to fundamental problems with the basic game. Any more than that and 2.3 STEP will not achieve it's aims. This is the base upon which the packs will be be built knowing that at the CORE the game is as stable and correct as it can be.

There is no to little discussion about where the game needs to be fixed / improved based on game play (Skyfalls is one exception) but graphicly there are not too many changes that need to be made. Lets keep graphics out of CORE STEP unless absolutely neccesary to correct an eyesore.

This type of discussion can become extremely circular and not go anywhere quickly - there should be as little subjectivity as possible in CORE. Objectivity yes but nothing that needs to be put to a vote. This idea of voting is ideal for Extended STEP but not core. Artistic interpretation has no place in CORE STEP. AFAIU it. (On account of the variation in subjectivity that exists).

:)