skyrim mod organizer v.0.12.9 download questions

Quahogs

Question

Most likely extremely basic but I just can't find a similar issue anywhere

1)  DCF plugin, Quality world maps w/roads, small curser, tobes hi-res textures, hybrids plants and herb ---> all mods and a few others that when I open give me a message

If I continue there is an explanation but it's a bit confusing to me.   Any ideas what the issue is here ?

2) Some mods like Bellyaches, Lantern of Skyrim, Birds and flocks Hearthfire edition cleaned, Dawnguard skill interface retexture among others show a red triangle with the message "information missing,please select query info from the context menu to re-retrieve"  For most of these I installed the mod and I'm assuming they're ok but that could be a big assumption on my part.  Again I tried to read the info file on various mods but don't really grasp where or how to procede.

3) I noticed in NMM that you can launch the game thru a tab SKYRIM or SKSE.   I know there are certain mods that need SKSE to work correctly.  If that is the case then I should always launch the game thru the SKSE tab ?    

thanks all for your help.  Being new to the gaming (current) arena I find the constant game mod additions fascinating and can't wait to get everything just so (impossible? :-)  ;) and finally get gaming ! 

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. You did right. The folder that the mod will be installed to is already considered a Data folder. So if you left it as it was originally packaged, it would virtually look like this: Data/Data/Textures, which is incorrect. You can either manually pull the relevant folders to the top level or right click a folder and tell MO to use it as Data folder.

2. Correct. ENB is installed at the end of SR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

This mod seems to be installed BEFORE ENB as per Skyrim Revisited's installation order so I guess it's inconsequential that ENB isn't installed until later.

Thanks, Rootsrat. Now if only I can get BUM working as it's supposed to... :P

Well, Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB is a mod. It contains meshes, and you install it into the Data folder.

ENB itself is not a mod, it's more of a plugin that you place in the main Skyrim folder. This plugin allows the game to use fancy visual functionalities, that are kind of a visual overlay, as you can switch them on and off in game.

Maybe we should standardize our nomenclature. Plugin should refer to esp/esm and mod should be the blanket term for all game modifications.

Install order for ENB and the particle patch do not matter. Particle patch should be installed according to the mods it overwrites, while ENB will only overwrite other injectors or older ENB versions that use the d3d9.dll.