Flora Respawn Fix by bluedanieru

Valtarien

• 2 months later...

Is it just me, but Tes5edit claims this fix has dozens and dozens of out of order errors? Not just a few, but a lot of them.

Edit:  Well, since no one has commented on this, I guess that having lots of out of order records is no big deal.  I just assumed it would introduce stability issues into the game.  I swear, it doesn't seem if I'll ever learn what errors are a problem, and what errors can be ignored.

on a different, but not unrelated, topic, i have this bug that is very similar:

walk into alchemy shop

buy most of the ingredients stock

realize i forgot to drink a *fortify barter* potion

reload the autosave that was just created when i entered the shop

try to re-buy the same ingredients, but...

the vendor's stock is almost, if not completely, depleted

(as if all the ingredients i previously purchased were removed from the vendor inventory, even though i loaded a save from immediately before i made my first purchase attempt)

this is similar because it has to do with reloading saves, and re-spawning items/objects

This is a known quirk from vanilla Skyrim.  Merchant gold and inventories persist in memorary across reloads rather than being read from the save game. 

The solution is to kill the merchant, quit and load a save. This will cause the merchant's inventory and gold to respawn (randomly).

Well awesome for roleplaying then...

"Hey, I'm mister Superhero saving the poor and helpless, well screw you stupid merchant, just die a horrible and terrible death... hmm. reloading takes for ever! ... oh hello Mr. Merchant, I'ld like to trade with you, wow, you are my best friend, since I married your daughter, did you forget?"

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo, what is the consensus on this mod?

I remember seeing this thread and some others on it a few months ago, but since I was playing a character with no interest in alchemy whatsoever I just ignored it. However, now I play an alchemist type character, and it occurs to me that this is a pretty huge bug which really should be fixed!

Seems like there might have been one or two issues with the mod which perhaps put some people off, although its intended purpose appears to be right in line with something like STEP or USKP (EDIT: there appear to be good reasons not to integrate into USKP if you search around). Maybe some expereienced users can look over it in TESV and CK? I will try to have a look tonight, but cannot promise, RL is pretty busy...

EDIT: below is from the mod page on nexus, and should be noted. Definitely good that no world/cell edits were necessary, but may make it more difficult to look under the bonnet (or hood for americans!)...

Q: What's with 2.x?

A: These use a (for now) hacked version of TES5Edit to add VMAD entries to TREE objects in the plugin. This is not supported by the CK, and it isn't supported in TES5Edit either. So, they are a bit hot-wired. They were in beta for two months though and people seem to like them better than the 1.x ones.

The upshot, is that they don't contain any world or cell edits. And, since they keep the original TREE objects in the game, the often-subtle wind animations are back. They are backward-compatible with the 1.x versions, although on existing games the animations will not come back from harvested objects until you harvest them once. Other than that, you should be able to upgrade seamlessly to 2.x if you like (just don't downgrade back to 1.x after you do).

In addition, since cell and worldspace edits are no longer necessary, this mod is now automatically compatible with new lands mods which use unplugged TREE and FLOR objects (e.g. Falskaar). Mods which add new TREE and FLOR harvestables will need to provide their own compatibility patches to fix the respawn bug. I will not make such patches - that is up to the author of that mod.

It seems completely safe to me, and I've been using it a long time now.

Don't be put off by the "hacked version" stuff - basically the author just added a script to tree/flora objects which you normally cant do using the Creation Kit. However, the game recognizes the script as valid when loaded and it works as intended. There are many other things the CK doesn't let you edit that you can edit using TES5Edit or other methods, and the game still responds to them fine - there aren't any side effects to this.

The USKP won't include it because it is a rather huge edit to every flora/tree object, and the USKP has a tradition of avoiding panoramic edits of this magnitude. (Same reason they won't fix the NPC enchantment bug - it would require adding a perk to every NPC).

Personally I consider it an indispensable mod, and I'd be in favor of adding it to STEP if others wanted to consider it. For me, this is one of those very noticeable immersion-killers (but maybe not so much for others).

I'm not really put off by the hacked tesv/ck after reading forum threads for the mod and understanding (to an extent!) what they are. I just meant that it would be more difficult to look into the workings of the mod. Regardless, I am pretty much convinced, and will be trying it out for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hmm... Mods that add FLOR or TREE might include Vurts stuff so might no be compatible with SFO unless we do something to it to patch it. I doubt vurt would do something like this. He doesn't seem like the ck hacker type to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just loaded this in TESVEdit, and no conflicts with SFO (or any other STEP mod) are visible. However, that doesn't mean there aren't any seeing as it sounds like some of the changes won't show in the "standard" TESVEdit... Also, yes, the mod author has himself said that it's not compatible. What a flipping shame... Yes, I know Bethesda are great and everything, but sometimes, just....