Flora Respawn Fix by bluedanieru

Valtarien

Maybe we could try a proper testing scheme for this mod?

Based on my understanding of the problem and the fix I would propose the scheme below, but if others with a better understanding could check/confirm/deny that would be great.

First, confirm the problem:

1. Load/start game without fix enabled, then save game (=S1) in X

2. Take road from X to Y, harvesting all roadside plants along the way

3. Wait D days in Y (where D>cell respawn time), save game (=S2)

4. Take road back to Y from X, checking whether harvested plants have reset (they should have, I think)

5. Exit game, reload game, load S2, take road from Y to X again - this time harvested plants should not have respawned if there is a problem (I think)

Then, confirm the fix:

1. Load S1 with this fix enabled, try all steps above again, plants should be respawned in all cases, even when exiting game and reloading

Any input appreciated

NB: it is noted that the fix can muck up your saves, so either start new game, use testing profile, or manage your save games properly.

OK, tried to test this out this evening. My testing scheme above is flawed as it doesn't capture the problem properly. However I'm still confused as the problem I seem to have found below is different to what I originally thought it was (I thought it was more to do with data betweensaving/reloading not being properly remembered with by Skyrim). Anyway, for what it's worth, here's what I did.

First, confirm the problem:

1. Started new game, vanilla except for Dime's Quickstart, got out of starting cave and coc to Riverwood.

2. tgm, speedmult to 200, harvest everything along road from Riverwood to Guardian Stones

3. back to Riverwood, into Riverwood Trader, set timescale to 10000 or something, allow >31 days to pass

4. back onto road to Guardian stones, nothing has respawned

Then, confirm the fix.

1. did all of the above with only difference being flora respawn fix activated - all harvested plants had respawned. Tada.

So, problem fixed, yes...? Or is it? As I say above, I'm still a little confused. I really think it would be worth this mod getting some proper testing attention, especially as I'm tired, rushing through it because it's boring not to be playing, and my gf is getting impatient!! (it's late...) Anyone want to help test this? Or even just critique my testing process/propose a new one?? If we can test this, confirm it works, then check out potential conflicts with eg SFO or Vurts, then ensure stability isn't adversely affected, I don't see why a fix this important shouldn't be in STEP:Core?

Ah I see. So "be patient" then! No prob, I see the MT thread is pretty busy, which is a shame as this seems so fundamental. Well I'll continue trying to test and report back anyway, and if anyone wants to chip in that would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, felicitous timing -- I just cracked open SFO (including the expanded diversity plugin), and indeed, there are no conflicts at all between SFO and Floral Respawn Fix. The only thing that might need to be checked are any other STEP mods that change the plant models. If they are simple texture/mesh replacers there shouldn't be any conflicts, but if they include .esps there might be. I don't recall which STEP mods affect harvestable item textures ATM.

Well felicitous timing -- I just cracked open SFO (including the expanded diversity plugin), and indeed, there are no conflicts at all between SFO and Floral Respawn Fix. The only thing that might need to be checked are any other STEP mods that change the plant models. If they are simple texture/mesh replacers there shouldn't be any conflicts, but if they include .esps there might be. I don't recall which STEP mods affect harvestable item textures ATM.

I'm not entirely sure that TES5Edit alone can confirm no conflicts as the mod appears to alter records which aren't "visible" in current version of TES5Edit. However, the post and link from egraf above remove some confusion (tbh, I was always a little sceptical about potential for "conflict" with SFO as SFO doesn't add any funcitonality, only visuals). The only other STEP mod I can think of is Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs Retexture. However, same applies here in that it is only a visual replacer mod, so any potential conflicts will not cause any issues.

From what I read (a few days ago, to be sure) about this mod, it appears to make the Skyrim engine actually "replace" a harvested plant with a new instance after respawn period, so it would presumably just call the relevant object, and hence the texture and/or meshes would be whichever are linked to that object in your modlist.

Flora Respawn Fix doesn't include any "hidden" records not visible by TES5Edit, it only appends "hidden" scripts to the flora and tree objects -- so you can't see the attached scripts in TES5Edit. All the records it edits are still there. However, any other plugin that makes direct edits to the same Flora or Tree objects will conflict.

And You're correct, the mod simply replaces the harvested plant with a duplicate when the timer expires. It is a very lightweight script that shouldn't have any noticeable impact on gameplay.

@Neo - I also tested SFO 1.91, including the expanded diversity plugin. Is that the full edition? After looking at it I doubt that any of the add-ons would conflict either, but it could be checked fairly easily.

Ah I see thanks for clearing that up. Did you get that info from reading the mod threads on nexus?

The version I checked in tesvedit was v1.87 basic as per step guide.

PS didn't test this evening, just wanted to play, but I added the FR fix to my game after previous testing and reading, and I can at least say that it didn't cause any problems!

• 10 months later...

Hi! I wonder if this mod will be included in future STEP. It looks like an essential mod but, also, much complicated with lots of scripts. Maybe an newer mod fix that bug most effectively?

The comments on Nexus are really mixed but I really need that as Im an harvest lover ;)

Edited by lexo1000