Flora Respawn Fix by bluedanieru

Valtarien

By sluggish, I mean when you click on Load Game, it takes a while to load, the spinning emblem stops and skips, and selecting the save to load takes a bit. After a bit the performance returns to normal. Cleaning out old saves by deleting them returns all operations back to normal and smooth.

By sluggish, I mean when you click on Load Game, it takes a while to load, the spinning emblem stops and skips, and selecting the save to load takes a bit. After a bit the performance returns to normal. Cleaning out old saves by deleting them returns all operations back to normal and smooth.

I seem to remember, back before I starting modding Skyrim and when I was still running it on a HDD, choosing a save in the Load Game menu being slow when I had lots of game saves. Now, even though I'm running on an SSD, I make a it a habit to move save files or delete them so that there are never more than 10 in the saves folder for that profile in MO.

Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that the Flora Repawn Fix script could be solely responsible for slow downs in the Load Game menu, since all kinds of mods add to the size of the save files, as I mentioned already.

Sounds like it's time for testing!

• +1 1

I'm going to guess that for Tech there's just not enough evidence to show that it's "safe" enough to recommend in the STEP Guide.

Personally, I'm a harvester, so I'm continuing to use it (and am not experiencing any noticeable slow-downs due to increase game save file size.)

• +1 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...