Extensible Follower Framework (by Expired)

zodden

So I see there is an update to version 4.0 and it looks like a nice update.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12933/?tab=4&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D12933%26page%3D2%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D615233&pUp=1

Any issues updating this in Sykrim revisted? I went through the .esp's and saw the exact same conflicts in the dialogue.esp that was there in the previous version. Anything else to be concerned about?

I'm using the latest version of almost everything (finished yesterday) and haven't encountered issues.

Also had Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, the latter has a .ini file that messes stuff up so delete that after installation.

@Neovalen - Thank you (and all your helpers) for the wonderful guide, Skyrim looks and plays so much better now. I haven't found any other guide that tells what and how to fix mods with TESS5Edit.

As for LE - I for one hope you take your time - it took me many, many hours to get all those mods working, and I'm not keen to repeat that any time soon. But now I (if slightly) understand modding now, instead of my first attempt where I got NMM and just followed a random list on the net. Thanks again!

Had an iLargeRefIntCount value of 999999

This was giving me infinite load screens on entering some places. Removing it fixed that. None of the grass settings there do anything either, they were already in my .ini or b30GrassVS=0 - which supposedly does nothing in Skyrim.

My rig is decent (but only just manages 30fps with performance ENB at 1440p) but that value was breaking stuff so I deleted the .ini, everything works now.

So I have been testing this with Interesting NPC's Follower Compatible version 2.4.3.3 and when I use the standard version (one with the wheel) the game CTD's for me if I recruit a follower from this mod and then select him. Standard works fine for me with all vanilla NPCs. Author is working on a patch for Interesting NPCs.

Classic and Dialogue method works fine with any follower so far. I use the Classic version and it works great!

• 2 weeks later...

Extensible Follower Framework v4-0-0 Beta 5 : Major version update, NMM disabled because you probably won't be able to update normally and this is a beta. You will need to dismiss all followers and cleansave.

Version 4 Beta 5 is now available, includes the Trade Magic Menu and moves Trade and Magic to the first menu. along with various other tweaks to UIExtensions. Also includes the Cosmetic Menu prototype (It's not actually used yet but it works if you have RaceMenu, by works I mean I've tested it, but it is non accessible).

I have more features in store, I've actually gotten around to playing now (seem to have stabilized my game using ENB and it isn't freezing everywhere I go with all my mods). Actually playing reminds me why I started this mod and I've been thinking of some other stuff I could do, I'm open to requests.

Sounds juicy!

So how do you suggest updating from Beta 4?

Here's what I suspect would be the best method:

Dismiss all followers then save. Exit and Use the Merge function in MO to update to Beta 5. Done.

Or should we dismiss all followers. Save. Exit and then install Beta 5 cleanly. (not merge) Then completely remove Beta 4.

You should only use the merge for updates if the update requires the file that is already installed. If it does not require any other previous file then use replace.

And for the 4.0 betas you can update without a clean save. If going from 3.5.6 to 4.0 you need a clean save.

You should only use the merge for updates if the update requires the file that is already installed. If it does not require any other previous file then use replace.

And for the 4.0 betas you can update without a clean save. If going from 3.5.6 to 4.0 you need a clean save.

I see that now, its a complete version so I can overwrite.

Installed and now to test this new magic menu. Need to find a mage follower :)

• 3 weeks later...

Having issues with the beta 5 and Interesting NPCs version 3.0

Standard mode does not work, using classic.

Interesting NPCs won't dismiss unless I use the vanilla dialogue. If I dismiss using EFF they continue to follow

When I tell them to "Relax", they "wait" instead.

Having issues with the beta 5 and Interesting NPCs version 3.0

Standard mode does not work, using classic.

Interesting NPCs won't dismiss unless I use the vanilla dialogue. If I dismiss using EFF they continue to follow

When I tell them to "Relax", they "wait" instead.

Here is a quote from expired in the 2nd page of the comment thread:

As for other custom followers they should work with beta 6 assuming they use the vanilla "SetFollower" function and don't have their own system like Interesting NPCs (though I've made an experimental patch for that mod), you cannot use their dismiss dialogue though, you must use the EFF dismiss, inconvenient, but better than not recruiting them at all. This is more of a hack, it's not a proper solution but it's a very generic solution and doesn't require I make a patch for every custom voiced follower.

Basically Interesting NPCs uses it's own follower system and is therefore by default not going to work with follower mods in general. As he states he has a patch that may be viable for BETA 6.

You need to download the FMC version of the previous builds, which worked well with Extensible Follower Framework for me. (I didn't know the new version lost this support, I figured the support was build in... oh well... good thing I am not using it anymore any how, I uninstalled it the moment that, I found that I was actually physically annoyed when I walk up to an NPC and discovered that it was from this mod, because you know it will interrupt your gameplay for at least 7-15 minutes with pointless dialogue, it felt like a in-game book that when you pick it up and you were forced to read it! The novelty wore out after 3-4 conversations. Now if every character in the mod had quests for you to actually play through, then the conversations would have been fun. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the character's life stories are very interesting, but almost all of them had absolutely no impact on you.)

I asked expired about releasing the patch for Interesting NPCs and he said:

expired,

Can you possibly upload your experimental patch for use with Interesting NPC's?

Thanks

I left that up to the author, the experimental patch required changes to Interesting NPCs itself.

Somebody asked about Interesting NPC support in the Interesting NPC forum and kristakahashi said the following:

I did what expired asked of me in terms of editing my follower script, was it not enough? This is all above my head.

So it does not sound too good. Should have kept the old version :(