Extensible Follower Framework (by Expired)

zodden

Just for fun I once had 10 simultaneous followers. It was impossible to enter dungeons, but once upon a time 2 dragons attacked my little warband. My followers all had pretty good gear on (my character was lvl 35, so not übergear). 2 dragons attacked (deadly dragons+SkyRe) and in about 4 minutes I had no followers left. I actually managed to kill the dragons, but it took me 30 minutes on my own. Still, I'ld say 3 followers including any pets is an absolute max for general playing. It will be incredibly hard to hold on to them throughout the game though. Better have some reserves ready :D

I'm really glad to see this mod being updated. Of all the follower overhaul mods, this one was the one I found most useful. Changing a follower's configuration via the dialog was always a pain and this one gave a proper menu.

Anyway, the updates made to this mod are great. We can see our follower's health, stamina, and magicka in combat, which is the most useful addition in my opinion.

I tend to have no more than one follower because more than one and it just gets too easy. The great thing about this mod is that it is fairly easy to alter a follower's AI. This means, if you want Lydia to hang back and use her bow, you can actually tell her to do that while you engage bandits head on.

I've heard expired is trying to get followers to actually heal you. That would also be a nice change, given that the Vanilla follower system seems to be aimed at making them cannon fodder.

• 4 months later...

Is there something I'm missing with this where dogs are concerned? I don't have the option to tell them to wait or to set their importance n such with this.

I do prefer the cleaner menu over AFT but I don't really want to add another ESP just to make the dogs essential (because eff my human followers, but my dogs ain't dying :P ).