SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills (SjoertJansen)

torminater

Afaik I think Grieche (SDO) didn't really animate the waterfall lod, but rather included some static that covers the ugly blocky LOD.

This mod is made to fit well with SDO though, so if SDO had included animated waterfalls, the mod author would have a hard time explaining why he produced this mod.

Hi,

I am the author of the SkyFalls mod.

It works really nice in combination with SDO. And no, SDO does not animate distant waterfalls as the "is full LOD" tag doesn't work for the original static waterfalls. I had to replace all waterfalls with FX files in order to make them full lod.

There seem to be some minor issues left with some other exterior World (not tamriel) waterfalls, that seem to bug when the is full LOD box is ticked but I am ironing them out, they are simple to fix.

Nice to see someone at STEP picked it up. Uploading a mod like this is more work than I anticipated. But it certainly fixed a terrably ugly vanilla game issue.

Does this work while in cities? I hate looking out at the water from the high up in Whiterun and not seeing any water moving.

Yes it does. This is also cause of some weird results where the land and mountains look really ugly but waterfalls are loaded as normal.

I think the benefit outweighs the issues of this mod plus the mod author seems motivated to support this mod. I think this mod is a FIX not only an enhancement, and thus should be part of Core, if the performance impact isn't too great (which shouldn't be the case)

Agree that this should probably be a Core mod for STEP as long as there are no compatibility issues with any other mods ... I'll download and try it out as well.

EDIT: can any of you TES5Edit gurus vouch for plugin compatibilities with other mods .. even those not currently in STEP? Any potential issues?

I believe there are some leftover junk records from the ck in the plugin' date=' I've sent a pm to the mod author to confirm. That said, they should not cause issues unless this is placed very far down in load order.[/quote']

Yes, there are some junk records left, thanks very much for pointing that out.

They will be removed either this evening or tomorrow morning.

There should be DLC support by next weekend, including Falskaar.

I will also create an optional animated distant Windmills after many requests.

Thanks very much for considering this core STEP! You guys do an amazing job.