SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills (SjoertJansen)

torminater

Cleaned version is up.

Also added an ini tweak which is necessary to not affect fire spell effects when outdoor.

This is really sad, and I will try to find a way to reduce the amount of waterfalls loaded. However, on my system (AMD9650, 2500K) this does not increase the performance impact. Please report results!

Just one thing: FormID 0002D40E - Region not carried over from Unofficial DG Patch.

Apart from that there are no conflicts.

Thanks, I'll fix that!

Just one thing: FormID 0002D40E - Region not carried over from Unofficial DG Patch.

Apart from that there are no conflicts.

Thanks, I'll fix that!
Should be fixed!

No question this is Core! I don't think any vote is necessary. This is a no-brainer. I'll mark as Accepted.

Mod released by Salvador, quickly picked up by the community, community reports a few minor issues, author quickly fixes said issues and ask to point out any more or any performance impacts, and mod quickly accepted into STEP. Kudos to you Salvador! I wish all authors were as great a pleasure to work with!

[video=youtube]

No question this is Core! I don't think any vote is necessary. This is a no-brainer. I'll mark as Accepted.

Mod released by Salvador, quickly picked up by the community, community reports a few minor issues, author quickly fixes said issues and ask to point out any more or any performance impacts, and mod quickly accepted into STEP. Kudos to you Salvador! I wish all authors were as great a pleasure to work with!

[video=youtube]http-~~-//youtu.be/8pWUWrrttGI

Great, thank you! You are more than welcome. I hope all my future mods get picked up this smooth ;), although I doubt it.

Wow... seriously' date=' you are becomming one of my favorite modders - pretty close actually to both Arthmoor and kryptopyr, because of your responsiveness and your simple fix for better waterfalls. Endorsed, voted for mod of the month, and kudos given to you.[/quote']

Thank you, that is really kind! :)

I have updated with the optional Animated distant Windmills and Watermills. Really simple, and shouldn't cause any performance impact. Only the solitude mill was more difficult, but makes the biggest impact if you ask me! If you now look at the city of solitude at a distance, which is likely, you can see the Citywall mill turn its wings, instead of having nothing at all.

I also found a solution for the iMaxDesired for people who cannot run it at 4000, without loosing much visual quality. However, for this I tweaked SparrowPrince his waterfall Meshes, and I am not uploading untill he either grants or does not grant permission for me to do so.

I also made the Falskaar patch, but the lod in falskaar is not well done, and the watefall lods are in front of the actual waterfalls, so you cannot see the animated ones. Since the lod isn't nice anyway, I'll probably redo the Falskaar LOD without waterfalls, and see if I can inprove visuals at the same time. However, I have not much experience with LOD, so that could take a while.

Nice job on the windmills... could I ask for a patch for this mod's windmill size? https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30026//?

No need for a patch. Works right away. I use that mod ;)

The only meshes I touched are the Solitude city wall mill. There is a compatibility issue with project parallax remastered' date=' I'll upload a patch for that soon.

I will first make all of the DLC patches, then I'll merge everything and upload a fomod.

[hr']

There are a few modders that frequent or did frequent the forums that have experience with LODs that may be willing to help you out. CaBal' date=' Vurt, and SparrowPrince I think are all candidates for LOD work. Though, CaBal may not have the time.[/quote']

I hope someone has the time to do that, If not, I will do it myself. There is a nice explanation on the creation kit wiki. I should be able to follow that.