Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Discussion thread:
Realistic Water Two by isoku
Wiki Link 
Hi this has just appeared on the Nexus and looks like a real rival to any and all water mods.

Compatibility:

Overview:

:) 

Warning! Dropbox video looks like crap in the player! Download it for best quality. YouTube is better but dropbox download is still best. I'd like to note that I used the same normal for the waters as I did in the previous video (high res calm) for WATER.

https://www.dropbox....Comp Update.mp4

Difference between regular and calm version of water normals:
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvyMCtr-oNw

WIKI Link

#2 phazer11

phazer11

High King

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

You didn't post a link.

#3 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Looks very good. Top of my check out list for tonight. :) Link: https://skyrim.nexus...om/mods/41076/?

#4 Sairven

Sairven

Survival Junky

• Citizen
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm gonna be using this instead of W.A.T.E.R no matter what STEP decides. Personal reasons. Plus, we all ready use almost 100% of isoku's 11 mods (that are on the Nexus). Call me a fanboy. Also, IIRC wasn't isoku the original author of W.A.T.E.R (I think before it became W.A.T.E.R)?

#5 Smile44

Smile44

Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

You didn't post a link.

Whoops! I feel so ashamed. I'll never be able to show my URL around here again. LOL

OP corrected.

#6 phazer11

phazer11

High King

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yeah this looks promising.

#7 Smile44

Smile44

Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm gonna be using this instead of W.A.T.E.R no matter what STEP decides. Personal reasons.

Plus, we all ready use almost 100% of isoku's 11 mods (that are on the Nexus). Call me a fanboy.

Also, IIRC wasn't isoku the original author of W.A.T.E.R (I think before it became W.A.T.E.R)?

Yes indeed he was - Sparrowprince picked up the batton and built W.A.T.E.R. from the ashes of RW1. The Prince has been credited in that some of his improvements to the original RW are used in this new version.

#8 Aiyen

Aiyen

High King

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Most certainly very interesting! Gonna test this out at once!

#9 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,755 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Another project to add to my list.... Looks like I need to gear up my water mod comparison videos again. What should be included? WATER, Pure Waters, and Realistic Water Two?

#10 ath3nos

ath3nos

Guard

• Citizen
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

I noticed that SparrowPrince posted on the mods page to not use it as it is a rip-off of PW. He also said he had problems after the install. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

#11 Aiyen

Aiyen

High King

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

Well this already won for me. The 4k textures just make it better by that reasoning alone. Reflections are just better. While I do miss some of the smaller waves compared to water, then I really like the new approch and sounds. Also it is more compatible with ENB which is a definite bonus!

#12 Salvador

Salvador

Guard

• Mod Author
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

I noticed that SparrowPrince posted on the mods page to not use it as it is a rip-off of PW. He also said he had problems after the install.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Haha, I contacted SparrowPrince about that, he was joking! I will update my mod, to include his new waterfall meshes. There should be no incompatibilities with any mod anymore as of version 1.8

EDIT: apparently I packed the wrong ESP in 1.8. I'll fix it later today.

#13 CiXwOw

CiXwOw

Thane

• Citizen
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

I noticed that SparrowPrince posted on the mods page to not use it as it is a rip-off of PW. He also said he had problems after the install.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

He was kidding.

#14 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,755 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

The only issues with this that I seen from the video on his page is the sound of waves splashing up against the shore when there weren't any waves. From the video, it looks as though it's the best of both Pure Waters and WATER. I'll be doing an in-depth compare of this mod and will provide a video of compares. It will probably take be a bit though, so don't expect it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

#15 torminater

torminater

High King

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Looks pretty damn good. The mod supplies waves, too, not just the sound, but test it to be sure. I'ld say we put this one into testing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accepted, mod, accepted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users