Realistic Water Two (by isoku)

Smile44

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say guys that I might be updating WATER soon with some of the original water tweaks from the original RWT (as well as mine) mod because I still have the old versions. I didn't do many tweaks in the .esp because I was actually waiting for isoku to help out, but it never happened. I will also perhaps jam a load of compatibilty fixes in there if needed.

I tried and I said it would have been better, but isoku didn't want to. I think new canvas and all. I can't force him. :) Hi isoku!

This below is correctamundo. It depends on the weather. If it's clear it will look fine.

s this normal function for the shoreline to look like this (lines)? I think vanilla Skyrim had the same issue correct?

Hm... I checked today water mods (WATER, RWT and PW) and I must say WATER is still my favourite. PW looked better in some places, but the waves from WATER win me over. RWT also has waves, but the lake water looks artificial in RWT. Overall:

Textures: PW > WATER > RWT

Functionality (water flow, waves): WATER > RWT > PW

Overall: WATER is a winner to me.

I haven't had a chance to try RWT yet, but I've actually been considering uninstalling WATER's waves. While I really like the overall effect, there are just too many unrealistic placements...for example, small pools of water or sheltered harbors that have waves and shouldn't. I was hoping the RWT might have somewhat better wave placement.

Only real issue I have with the waves, is that the sounds are off... so you hear waves, but you do not see any. However this should be sort fixable down the road.

Also there are a few more locations where I would place a wave. But this is a fairly simple thing to do abeit time consuming. But at least one does not have to generate all the meshes etc. from the ground up.

I haven't had a chance to try RWT yet' date=' but I've actually been considering uninstalling WATER's waves. While I really like the overall effect, there are just too many unrealistic placements...for example, small pools of water or sheltered harbors that have waves and shouldn't. I was hoping the RWT might have somewhat better wave placement.[/quote']

From what I've read, RWT has better wave placement; however, it's not perfect.

Only real issue I have with the waves' date=' is that the sounds are off... so you hear waves, but you do not see any. However this should be sort fixable down the road.

Also there are a few more locations where I would place a wave. But this is a fairly simple thing to do abeit time consuming. But at least one does not have to generate all the meshes etc. from the ground up.[/quote']

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post and I noticed that just from the video on the author's page. All of this would be good feedback for the author. (I wish he'd get involved here in the STEP forums.)

I know that it is off-topic, but has anyone else tried "Waves" (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31686//?) instead of the waves from WATER? I have been using waves.esp with WATER and it seems to work well.

I have not tried Realistic Water Two yet. If a combined ESP is brought out later do you think that it will be easy to upgrade and keep the same save file or would I need to start again? I have been trialling mods for weeks now and am almost ready to start playing, so I would not want to start and then find out that I need to start again a week or so later. My load order is almost at the limit, so any mods with 3 or more ESPs are not helpful and this one has 6!

I know that it is off-topic, but has anyone else tried "Waves" (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31686//?) instead of the waves from WATER? I have been using waves.esp with WATER and it seems to work well.

I have not tried Realistic Water Two yet. If a combined ESP is brought out later do you think that it will be easy to upgrade and keep the same save file or would I need to start again? I have been trialling mods for weeks now and am almost ready to start playing, so I would not want to start and then find out that I need to start again a week or so later. My load order is almost at the limit, so any mods with 3 or more ESPs are not helpful and this one has 6!

Nice find!

Think I'm going to use Pure Waters for textures, then Optionals from WATER (plants, splash etc.) and the Waves you linked, thanks for that :)

It will require some testing, but hopefully it will all work fine together!