Realistic Water Two (by isoku)

Smile44

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for this mod, the cell edits for water conditions are very appropriate for different water conditions.  Tranquil lakes, slow flowing rivers, makes for much better realism compared to W.A.T.E.R.   I've always thought the waves in WATER on rivers are too choppy and that was why some people like the Tranquil Purewater mod instead. 

I think Realistic Water strikes a fine balance and does it well.

• 2 weeks later...

New update!

Version 1.03

Realistic Needs and Diseases compatibility has been split off into separate plugins due to the missing character splash issue. Those who are NOT using the RND compatible plugins will now have splashes enabled again.

Ocean water now shares the same sound effect as lake water. It appears the game engine has trouble managing multiple ambient sound effects for the water types, which resulted in the ocean sound effect playing in inappropriate locations. Since lake water is quieter this will mask the issue.

Slightly reduced the volume of the Dragonborn waves.

Incorporated WATER's improved character splash effects.

Now with splash effects!

I'll be putting together the final comparison for STEP today and tomorrow between WATER and this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

New version!  ...and right after I did my final video compare. lol

Version 1.04

New gentler sound effect for lakes. Oceans still have the same sound effect as 1.03. Slightly reduced river sound effect volume.

Improved quality of the Dragonborn waves sound effect.

Slightly increased wave size of lakes.

Increased visibility of the character splash effects.

Dragonsreach water is now slightly choppier and faster.

Fixed an issue with the NMM installer and the Wyrmstooth plugin and carried forward a missing cell edit.

The base mod is now available on Steam. Legendary edition to come later.

I'll update the OP with my compare video and add this mod to testing.

To be honest there are no "safe-uninstalls" of mods as far as I'm concerned. Yeah some of the game developers say so but I find it dubious. Regardless if you have X mod when you start the game and take X mod out midway through then yeah sure there are ways to help mitigate the problems caused by the removal but then down the line you can't know if (or when) you experience a CTD or freeze down the line if the problem with Y mod or with X mod that you uninstalled... just my 2¢

I've uninstalled and reinstalled water based mod probably close to a hundred times doing compares and have never had an issues with doing so. Gopher says the same thing in one of his videos.

Me three. Monty and Sparrow may have some insights though. I believe that the issues of the past don't apply though.

I believe uninstalling WATER should not be much of a risk. The original Realistic Water did make a number of cell changes, which left problems when it was uninstalled - the dreaded floating waterfalls. AFAIK, there are no such problems in WATER, though I've no idea about RWT2.

I believe uninstalling WATER should not be much of a risk. The original Realistic Water did make a number of cell changes' date=' which left problems when it was uninstalled - the dreaded floating waterfalls. AFAIK, there are no such problems in WATER, though I've no idea about RWT2.[/quote']

That only happens with Skyfalls because they both edited the same space or something, right? So if I installed Skyfalls, those would disappear? I think the author of skyfalls said he's making a new version that should fix those though.