Texture Weirdness

thunderclam

Question

So I'm at the "Creatures of Skyrim" part of SR and I've been testing a bit. I am not currently using an ENB and have noticed some cave textures acting weird. Because I've got all my AA turned off (as per the guide) until I activate ENB, I think textures doing weird **** when I move around is "normal" at this point.

Thus far fences and a few interior rock/cave/ice walls and floors have a weird twitchy effect. It's small and I initially mistook it for stutter (it's not). For example, if I look at a rock wall in Bleak Falls Barrow, standing still, everything looks nice and high res and beautiful. The second I move the camera a bit, the texture seems to shift like it's not quite loaded. It's not a flicker or a shimmer, exactly, but it's something.

What I want to know is whether or not this is happening because I am using no AA or if I should be down-sizing textures or what.

I'm running 8gb RAM, i5 2500k 4 core, and a Radeon 6950 (2gb) at present.

An additional note: exteriors work pretty wonderfully. The only thing screwy is the fences but I'm 99% sure that's the lack of anti-aliasing.

https://imgur.com/a/aJqaq

That's weird, too. Which mod handles those little stones? It's a bit of a busy screen considering the snow, but you'll notice that the small cluttery rocks are weirdly whitened. They sort of glow in game too.

I thought I installed/DDSopted all the dang texture mods correctly...

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question