Next Planned Update

flyingspatula

Question

Hey, I have noticed quite a bit of new mods being released in a more finished state the past few months since the last STEP update. I am just wondering if anyone might have a somewhat accurate estimate of the next STEP update? I have been waiting a few months for the next version to start playing again for a fresh restart. My main thought was that if I do it now, I would download everything get it installed and then a new major STEP update comes not long after and I will want to change it all again.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

We're working on it. That's about all I can say other than that we don't plan to release until we finish trimming down troublesome scripted mods and moving over to a new server and forum software. In the mean time why don't you mess around with installing some new mods or make a playthrough.

We're working on it. That's about all I can say other than that we don't plan to release until we finish trimming down troublesome scripted mods and moving over to a new server and forum software. In the mean time why don't you mess around with installing some new mods or make a playthrough.

That sounds very reasonable. Would it be productive to go ahead and download a majority of the current STEP selected mods? I do have Mod Organizer set up with 3 Skyrims. Default/Modded Game/Test Mods. I could just try all the mods I find interesting until next STEP. Good idea.

Thanks

flyingspatula Wrote

Would it be productive to go ahead and download a majority of the current STEP selected mods? I do have Mod Organizer set up with 3 Skyrims.

Definitely. I recommend only installing the Core mods since the next release will be STEP Core and will feature those mods as main and safe component.