Stable uGridsToLoad (by Altimor)

hellanios

Question

Discussion thread:
Stable uGridsToLoad by Altimor
Wiki Link

Based on the feedback this mod does help solve the ugrids problem!! I think everyone should try it out!!
Accepted for 2.2.8

MT: We especially should be testing these *.dll/SKSE code appendages together (Player Physics, Safety Load)

I tested STEP:Core 2.2.7 without (left side) and with (right side) Safety Load, Stable uGrids, and Player Pysics. Here is SPM output from running the intro cart ride + fast travel to 9 different parts of skyrim, including Solthsiem + approx 30 second wait without mofing at all. The peak is the cart ride and returning to Windhelm from Solthsiem in both cases. Very little difference and no issues with either run. This does not really support for use in STEP:Core, but it does not refute it either. The true test is with STEP:Extended or Core with several demanding Packs installed and hours of gameplay with and without.

Edit: Stable uGridsToLoad was dropped after the release of 2.2.9.2 due to concerns regarding a potential memory corruption issue that was never fixed.

STEP does not recommend changing the uGrids setting. With DynDOLOD, there should be no need.

Edited by Nebulous112
Stable uGridsToLoad dropped

Nothing to do with S.T.E.P. or S.R. because with any scripted mods running your uGrid endeavors will fail. Increasing uGrid will increase the number of scripts running exponentially and even with vanilla scripts you will be struggling.

From my observations of all those folks that have uGrid 7, 9 or 11 running is that they run the game with only graphics mods and no gameplay mods.  Without this mod, I was able to run uGrid 7 stable without mods apart from graphics mods.

It would be interesting to see if you can sneak in frostfall and skyrim unleash though....  if you could... I would be willing to play at uGrid 9 or 11...  But would be willing to forgo my other needs....

The issue is both scripts and spawns.

If you have anything that alters the spawns, or adds to loot etc. etc. etc. then you get into issues with higher ugrids.

Not to mention that the amount of extra stuff you need to render is going to exclude higher ugrids from anything but the most powerful rigs.

Even more so if you also play with an ENB.

You think immersive armor/weapon causes issues when its added to the level lists? I have wondered about how much impact such loot would have on the game....

I was think that if you spawn an EXTRA NPC, you have spawned with it, a new set of weapons/armor into the game world, but what if you don't add NPCs and just have IA or IW replace existing equipment. That seems to me less of a problem... but I may be missing something.

In theory it should not since it is after all just a small list, and a few items are only added ingame. And as you say it should only depend on number of actors the list is applied too.

However some users have reported that they get ILS when travelling around and they went away when they removed those mods. The most recent was an issue with traveling from Solstheim to Skyrim.

Guess its just the added complexity of the lists. After all the lists are loaded for ALL actors, and chests, and most likely also anything else that spawns. If you add in a version that removes all the vanilla items from the game, then you reduce complexity, and hence it should be more stable (In theory, In reality it most likely is not possible since that would mess up quite a few quests and other stuff that needs certain items. Like the Blacksmith training).

But all in all its something that still needs more input before anything can be said with certainty. I know that my game got more stable way back when I removed bandoliers... but I always assumed that was only when crafting that it presented an issue. Its possible that there might have been more too it.

I personally do not use IA or IW anymore, since I just got annoyed at all the weapons which just did not blend well with the game.

The guy who made this mod mentioned that he has been looking at Windows error reports and thinks he has a figured out that ILS are caused by two threads waiting on each other to finish their current task before moving on, which never happens. I hope he can fix it cause this looks promising.

That is about the same as Boris (Tries too anyway) say over at the ENB forums. However it is just the engine as a whole that is at fault. But who knows what weird patches and .dll´s can do to the game engine! Memory allocation could be handled so why not threading as well!

The guy who made this mod mentioned that he has been looking at Windows error reports and thinks he has a figured out that ILS are caused by two threads waiting on each other to finish their current task before moving on, which never happens. I hope he can fix it cause this looks promising.

Sounds promising. Is there anywhere to track the progress?