ENB and Weather Mods

Garfink

Question

I noticed that there are many ENBs that are based solely on ELFX and are not compatible with Climates of Tamriel.  Which makes sense because COT messes with color and if the ENB isn't designed with COT in mind you are going to have unpredictable colors in certain weather conditions.

With that in mind, I was wondering about weather mods like enhanced dynamic weather system, do all weather mods mess with color or can I use enhanced dynamic weather system (or other such vanilla weather mods) safely with any ENBs? Any general recommendation for weather with ENBs that don't like COT?

(It's just that my favorite ENBs just don't support COT or even the enb-weather mod and I really miss the many different weather patterns you get with COT and its adjutant mods.  The first time I got caught in a Supreme Storm blizzard was simply awesome!)

(partly answered my own question... just noticed that supreme storm is compatible with vanilla weather!)

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@diannetea

gone trhough your shots now, awsome comparision! But something seems a bit strange to me as your plain Vividian shots on a cloudy day are quiet dark. Did you used the 2.31WIP

version for this? because this version includes Cloudshadows already wich can lead to different ans sometimes maybe quiet dark lightning situations.

Yeah clouds shadows.... In the process of overhauling my ambient lighting to to make it work properly.

God damn Boris and his awesome features!

Diannetea:

Anyways... Well if you find out what it is that cause a CTD I would be really happy to know it. It kinda annoys me.

Since it just does not make sense to me if you can run any other ENB with the same binary, but not mine.... since mine does not add anything that can do that sort of thing... to my knowledge anyways.

Also let me know if altering the load order fixes the black interiors. Since that is almost certainly the case! Since if the image spaces are not ELE then some will be quite dark. Partly because I disable the shader that makes them brighter... partly because.... well that is it. Load order is vital!

@diannetea

Even though this means a bit of work for you i would consider making comparission shots with the version 2.25 just out of interest. With 2.31WIP much much changed because of the cloudshadows. Thats what i am working on at the moment to find a good balance between visiblity and too high saturation.

The preset is essentially just the RGB values for the lanterns.... if that can cause CTD´s. Yeah that just does not make sense to me.

Any shaders that are disabled should be just that, they should not be able to affect the game. Cannot rule it out ofc. but if it was a general issue then everybody would have the issue.

Fairly certain it is mod related to some extent... more testing to be done!