SkyRe - Skyrim Redone (by T3nd0)

z929669

Skyrim is very finicky so it's hard to pin down very complex issues like this. I spend a hell of a lot of time keeping WB clean and organized.

I'm not saying my game is without issue, I'm currently getting the infinite loading screen problem every once and a while. When it decides to happen RAM usage will shoot up to ~3.3GB. I doubt it matters, but I've been using the beta since it was released (currently 1.9.32) and quite a few mods haven't been updated yet. When I have more time I'll try to investigate further.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, you're posting issues that are from not following STEP properly. You simply must follow the guide perfectly or you will experience errors at every step of the way.

Just because you have a "very fast rig" doesn't mean you're not hitting the VRAM limits. A 690 with 4GB of vram only has 2GB effective (since its a dual gpu card the ram is split), and with the "high" options on STEP you can easily blow out 2gig at 1080p. If you're on a higher resolution or have maxed out shaders and ENB you'll guarantee crashes.

Invisible textures means you installed something in the wrong order. You didn't follow the instructions properly and you get errors in your game. Guard Dialogue has a known issue with SkyRe and as such there's a patch for it. You would have known that if you spent 30 seconds looking.

You need to follow all the steps and take into every consideration when working with this many mods. I wish I had more time to actually sit and play the game, but I've been extremely busy. Right now with my mod order, i get a rock solid stable game, with just a few errors being spewed about in papyrus. I'd rather hunt down some confirmation of whether they'll break my game or not before dumping another 5-10 hours into it only to find i've screwed myself over and need to restart. My previous game, the one with the errors, was stable and in the 6 hours of play I didn't get any CTD's UNTIL I continued the main story. That's why I went on the warpath with this bug hunt.

Right now the goal is making sure everything's going to work with 1.9. A new patch usually gets a few modders back into the game to fix some older issues.

I installed STEP according to the STEP guide correctly,Like i said i will wait until there is a more stable version of Skyre with STEP, For now ive dropped STEP and im having a better game with SKYRE without it.

The thing is, you're posting issues that are from not following STEP properly. You simply must follow the guide perfectly or you will experience errors at every step of the way.

Just because you have a "very fast rig" doesn't mean you're not hitting the VRAM limits. A 690 with 4GB of vram only has 2GB effective (since its a dual gpu card the ram is split), and with the "high" options on STEP you can easily blow out 2gig at 1080p. If you're on a higher resolution or have maxed out shaders and ENB you'll guarantee crashes.

Invisible textures means you installed something in the wrong order. You didn't follow the instructions properly and you get errors in your game. Guard Dialogue has a known issue with SkyRe and as such there's a patch for it. You would have known that if you spent 30 seconds looking.

You need to follow all the steps and take into every consideration when working with this many mods. I wish I had more time to actually sit and play the game, but I've been extremely busy. Right now with my mod order, i get a rock solid stable game, with just a few errors being spewed about in papyrus. I'd rather hunt down some confirmation of whether they'll break my game or not before dumping another 5-10 hours into it only to find i've screwed myself over and need to restart. My previous game, the one with the errors, was stable and in the 6 hours of play I didn't get any CTD's UNTIL I continued the main story. That's why I went on the warpath with this bug hunt.

Right now the goal is making sure everything's going to work with 1.9. A new patch usually gets a few modders back into the game to fix some older issues.

I installed STEP according to the STEP guide correctly,Like i said i will wait until there is a more stable version of Skyre with STEP, For now ive dropped STEP and im having a better game with SKYRE without it.
I've dropped STEP and used Texture Pack Combiner, then added some mods from the STEP list that i wanted, installed AV + Immersive patrols and creatures, weapons and armour and SkyRe and i've been solid ever since.

There are some mods in the STEP list that cause a lot of issues, trying to figure it out is wasted time imo, i think you need to make the choice STEP for vanilla or SkyRe. Just strip STEP down to what you personally want, use it as a list of good mods and not a guide.

I know some people have got STEP to work with SkyRe, but i either think your incredibly lucky or the whole truth isnt being told. I've spent around 2 weeks on this and its now time to admit defeat and play the game. :)

Getting popup textures mainly rocks and in the helgen dungeon where you fight the torturers (depending on what side you choose) the doors of the cages where the dead mage is pop on to the frame once im in the room,its like there is a delay in drawing some textures, Anybody know how to fix?

Getting popup textures mainly rocks and in the helgen dungeon where you fight the torturers (depending on what side you choose) the doors of the cages where the dead mage is pop on to the frame once im in the room' date='its like there is a delay in drawing some textures, Anybody know how to fix?[/quote']

I get this same issue. It also happens on the start of the bridge in Windhelm. Still mostly rocks for me though. I've heard it said it could be running out of virtual memory, but when I play without any mods it still does this and I have a 1 GB card. Would like to know if anyone has a fix too.

Getting popup textures mainly rocks and in the helgen dungeon where you fight the torturers (depending on what side you choose) the doors of the cages where the dead mage is pop on to the frame once im in the room' date='its like there is a delay in drawing some textures' date=' Anybody know how to fix?[/quote'']

I get this same issue. It also happens on the start of the bridge in Windhelm. Still mostly rocks for me though. I've heard it said it could be running out of virtual memory, but when I play without any mods it still does this and I have a 1 GB card. Would like to know if anyone has a fix too.

I dont know ive googled and cant find anything so im stumped.

Unless i find out quickly ill drop skyrim altogether and come back in 12 months.

Does anybody on here know how to fix this issue??Farlo??

Getting popup textures mainly rocks and in the helgen dungeon where you fight the torturers (depending on what side you choose) the doors of the cages where the dead mage is pop on to the frame once im in the room' date='its like there is a delay in drawing some textures' date=' Anybody know how to fix?[/quote'']

I dont know ive googled and cant find anything so im stumped.

Unless i find out quickly ill drop skyrim altogether and come back in 12 months.

Does anybody on here know how to fix this issue??Farlo??

You said you've dropped STEP all together and you're asking for texture pop-in help in the Skyrim Redone thread? Heh. Few things you could try, even though you have a GTX 690, remember you still only have 2gig of VRAM to work with. I've seen people start to max out a 6gig Titan with unoptimized textures.

Go through and eliminate any 8k textures and perhaps 8k shadows. Make sure your 4k textures are sparce (meaning, no 4k sword textures or 4k ivy textures or anything silly like that), then run the appropriate **** through DDSopt as per the guide. Check to see if you're still hitting your VRAM limit by downloading and running either Skyrim Performance Monitor (which doesn't play nice with ENB) OR a program like GPU-z or MSI Afterburner. Run that program in the background and find where your VRAM is, play the game until you see some texture pop in, save and quit then review the last 5 minutes of VRAM history and see if you're maxing it out/dumping it incorrectly.

Make sure you're not using any uGrids changes, they're not really needed anymore thanks to a few mods in STEP.

Additionally and finally, something that most people ignore. If you're installing STEP from a hard drive, especially with Mod Organiser, you need to defrag it properly. My suggestion is to make the downloads folder in mod organiser a different directory (preferably different hard drive) and then defrag the Skyrim folder perfectly. One of the best ways to guarantee a perfect Defrag for your game directory is to download MyDefrag v4.3.1. It's just a little program with scripting that allows full control over the windows defrag engine.

Title('MyDefrag Game Optimizer')

RunScript('Settings.MyD')

VolumeSelect
    Name("D:")
VolumeActions

ReclaimNtfsReservedAreas()

# Lay MFT and other crap NTFS spews out
  FileSelect
    SelectNtfsSystemFiles(yes)
  FileActions
    PlaceNtfsSystemFiles(Ascending,MftSize * 0.1)
    AddGap(RoundUp(ZoneEnd,20MB))
  FileEnd

# Fix the Directories
  FileSelect
    Directory(yes)
  FileActions
    SortByName(Ascending)
    AddGap(RoundUp(ZoneEnd,100MB))
  FileEnd

# Defrag Fraps, Move to the start of the drive, in order of folder hierarchy
  FileSelect
    FullPath("D:\Fraps\*","*")
  FileActions
   SortBySize(Ascending)
  FileEnd

# FUS RUH DOH
  FileSelect
    FullPath("D:\Steam\*","*")
  FileActions
   SortBySize(Ascending)
   AddGap(RoundUp(ZoneEnd,15000MB))
  FileEnd

# Everything Else with quick defrag
  FileSelect
    all
  FileActions
    Defragment(Fast)
    FastFill()
  FileEnd

VolumeEnd
Some basic code I use on my partner's PC, should be simple enough to understand. This of course, is implying you still have a hard drive. If you've moved over to an SSD, there are various guides for windows to speeding it up and making sure it works properly. One of the biggest things you should note is that SSD's some space free in order to perform swap appropriately. You might also have TRIM deactivated or haven't had any Garbage Collection for a while, also a reason to cause slowdowns (slow texture loads from the drive).

Address these issues first, then come back if the problem still persists.

I found out what it was.....all of the ini tweaks have to be done from MO otherwise they dont work even if you go into the ini folder in C:\Users\My\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and tweak them there.

I say alot of things and although ive dropped alot of step features i still use many of them, Im just annoyed as im spent literally weeks installing and no playing and i dont get much time.

Thanks for helping.

Thanks for the advice. May not have been aimed towards me, but i'll take it into consideration. When you talk about eliminating 8k textures and such are you also talking about doing so to the vanilla textures? Follow the DDSopt guide essentially?

Thanks for the advice. May not have been aimed towards me' date=' but i'll take it into consideration. When you talk about eliminating 8k textures and such are you also talking about doing so to the vanilla textures? Follow the DDSopt guide essentially?[/quote']

Oh no no no sorry. If you follow step, there's the baseline options (which generally suggest you install 1024 resolution textures) and then there are usually HQ and LQ options. Some of the HQ options from several mod authors are INSANE. Like 8096x8096 resolution plant textures and such. They use up way too much ram, and the details are only noticeable if you go right up and stare at them.

Don't install those 8k mods. There are only a few graphics cards capable of handling them, and its likely you don't have any of them ;P

Other than that, some people raise the resolution of their shadows to 8k to try and get better looking shadows. This uses up more ram (and processing power) than is necessary, when I believe using the Detailed Shadows option in ENB is a superior solution in both visual and performance respects. At least that's my experience through personal testing, I could be wrong.

I found out what it was.....all of the ini tweaks have to be done from MO otherwise they dont work even if you go into the ini folder in C:\Users\My\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and tweak them there.

I say alot of things and although ive dropped alot of step features i still use many of them, Im just annoyed as im spent literally weeks installing and no playing and i dont get much time.

Thanks for helping.

Good that you've solved it at least. I do suggest you try to keep Skyrim properly defragged if on a hard drive still. Even if you aren't experiencing stuttering or the like, it'll drop load times significantly and generally make for a more stable experience.

This mod change and add too many things; the changes made to perks I'm not sure they are all natural but follow the taste of the author only. I don't use it.

This mod is definitely not getting into STEP any time soon and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows it :P  No harm in discussing the mod though.

Perhaps we should mod threads like this into Skyrim Related.