SkyRe - Skyrim Redone (by T3nd0)

z929669

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the general idea of STEP is to fix, improve, stabilize, beautify and enhance Skyrim yet leave it as vanilla flavoured as possible. That's one of the reasons i've never used the Golden Shrines mod. Holy eyesore. Regardless, most people will want to use STEP as a on how vanilla skyrim should run, then add flavour and enhancements to that. SkyRe is one of the most popular enhancements, and should be treated as a secondary mod setup (or STEP pack candidate).

Should there not be a forum that contains these mods? Like, the list of mods and some discussion for each, with the first post dedicated to support.

Like SkyRe 100% compatibility

Requires GDO - Patch

Requires Balbor's Patch

Small guide on how install and use reproccer

Additional patches if using Apocalypse Spells

Additional patches if using Realistic Needs and Diseases *NOTE* Destructible bottles incompatible with RND

Additional patches if using etc

Something like that with the OP updating with the information in the thread. While STEP isnt including stuff like CoT or the lighting overhauls, there should be a place to discuss those daring modders who wish to use them! :D

I noticed someone mentioned getting the infinite load screen glitch.

I don't know for a fact if it's due to this particular mod or if it's just a weird conflict between this mod and something else, but I can confirm that disabling it almost completely eliminated that glitch for me:

Chesko's Lore Based Load Screens

Before disabling that I would get the infinite load screen glitch just about every other time I had to encounter a load screen. After disabling it I rarely get the issue. I know enough about modding in load screen stuff to know that there honestly should be no problems whatsoever. But disabling it made the issue go away almost entirely so... Almost entirely because I have a few other mods that add load screen stuff (I think they're all Chesko mods as well (Frostfall and something else I believe that may not be Chesko's) and the infinite load screen glitch seems to have a better chance of happening when one of those are the first to load.

Now that I gave, I want something in return :D

Been scouring this topic trying to figure out which STEP mod wasn't compatible with Skyre as I saw it cryptically mentioned in another topic. All I've seen is Ars Metalica get mentioned and Destructible Bottles (in relation to a realistic needs mod). So... what mod in particular just simply needs to be disabled? :3

Thanks for the help btw.

So if one were to install SkyRe and the mods that it requires, they would need to start a new game.

If using Wrye Bash, could we "unload" SkyRe if we want to switch it out and play our vanilla characters again? The reason I ask is I have a +100hour savegame I like loading up every once in a while that just uses texture mods. I would of course do the whole "save game cleaning method" discussed on the wiki in order to create a nice clean save point for my vanilla characters before I switch to SkyRe.

I believe I may have found a redundant mod if you are using SkyRe. Due to this mod using "Sneak Tools" the Dynamic fires mod would not be needed (except for maybe using torches to light fires). I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this. From what I've read in the Skyre guide and here https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19447 it seems to be true. Either way there seems to be no issue with using the two together *shrug*

I just downloaded SkyRe, frostfall, SKYTEST, and WIC Cloaks. All seem to be working fine in my new game. Played for roughly 2hrs with no ctds... Feels like a brand new skyrim!

Edit:

I will note that I had to disable the Brawl bug fix (already included in SkyRe) and also the birds&flocks mod (as recommended earlier in this thread).

Also, I am running STEP 2.2.4 baseline with the additional mods listed above. Oh and I forgot to mention I'm running Jaysus swords, Immersive armor, and some SkyRe Reproccer .xml configuration files. All non-step mods were installed after the STEP guide in Wrye Bash - Installers.

I'm still scratching my head on how Tes5edit works within MO and where the original and modified files go. I'm thinking the originals stay in skyrim data folder and the cleaned/modified files go in the overwrite folder.

Also, when we create the general patch (just below, let the modding begin), do we launch tes5edit within MO? The same question for BUM. Any clarification on the philosophy would be helpful.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...