SR:LE and ENBoost?

I would be pleased to hear from folks like Neovalen to hear their current feelings about the place of ENBoost in the context of an SR:LE build? Is it likely to be in? Is it out because of a rapid development cycle? Does it do something that in the context of SR:LE is undesirable?

I also see from the most recent (WIP) guide that there is no mention of ENBoost and that an ENB is assumed and forms part of the mod choices since it intimately affects lighting and weather in the game. I have to confess that my machine struggles when an ENB is present because of the resolution I play at (2560x1440) so I am looking at the ENB and trying to assess the impact on my system at that resolution. Is the Unreal Cinema ENB intended to be a full on ENB experience or is it relatively light? Are there suggestions for a "Performance" preset or a "Full" one?

Unreal Cinema is a full on very heavy ENB experience, although there is a lighter version. I doubt that Unreal Cinema will be the recommended ENB for SR:LE since its a very cinematic ENB and is subject to individual tastes more so then an ENB that deviates less from the Vanilla.

I am not the official guy, but I suspect ENBoost will be an integral part of any future S.T.E.P. or SR:LE edition and ENBs themselves will be relegated as optional. The SR:LE as it is today is very incomplete and is not recommended for use.

Though SR:LE (current build) is effective and works well and as such I am basing all my mod builds on it as a base. It uses Unreal ENB which is growing on me (did not like it too much at first).

:)

Unreal ENB is the only ENB I have consistently been able to use without getting tired of it. :) It gives me the feeling of epic storytelling. It already incorporates ENBoost and the latest ENB developments.

Yes, it is a significant departure from vanilla but it has an overall feel that, IMO, is unmatched. Going into that dungeon is foreboding/scary... going into a tavern feels like there is an assassin hiding in the shadows... the plains of whiterun feel endless...to me it really fits the idea of Skyrim being a rough wilderness that has carved the nords. Regardless of my recommendation you can use your own ENB if you like... but I really do suggest you give it an extended run without CoT or other mods on top besides ELFX (no enhancer).

I was so pleased to see Unreal ENB being used. I too had finally settled on it and voila, Neo had it on the LE page, as well. Destiny! The man has good taste.

I cannot tell you how much I like the way SR:LE looks, even in its current state. I started a new game using Requiem and I'm getting my a#% handed to me, but everything looks just incredible....and it's been pretty stable for me, very playable. I save way more than I need to just out of habit.

How is Unreal incompatible with CoT ? I too enjoyed Unreal (only as a test run while setting up SR) but once I found it wasn't compatible with CoT I moved to another. What does CoT really bring to the table that some here can disregard it ? There's still "weather" right ? lol, I have yet to really start the game as you can tell...

I was so pleased to see Unreal ENB being used. I too had finally settled on it and voila, Neo had it on the LE page, as well. Destiny! The man has good taste.

I cannot tell you how much I like the way SR:LE looks, even in its current state. I started a new game using Requiem and I'm getting my a#% handed to me, but everything looks just incredible....and it's been pretty stable for me, very playable. I save way more than I need to just out of habit.

Glad you like it. I'm taking it slow and steady but as you say it already looks quite good with the limited # of mods in use. :)

Yep definitely the way to go - my Skyrim looks great and the atmosphere with Unreal is fantastic and it comes with it's own night-eye. (Well turning it off so I can see when I forgot to bring a torch ha -hum).

It is a fantastic base upon which to build a game based around Requiem or Yash etc.. and due to the low mod count it is way easier to spot incompatibilities in any added mods. In my Added graphics build I have added Ruins clutter improved, AMidianBorn Caves and Vivid Landscapes Dungeons and Ruins, Skyrim Sunglare V4 and Aetherian Sky which is not from the nexus you can find the link on the Phinix ENB page. I use the sunglare because the sun is frequently blinding at dawn and dusk and this just takes the edge off it. Looks fantastic, caves are really creepy. Very dark and scary world when and where it should be.

:)