Problem with XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Nitrohell

Question

I've posted this issue in the mod's forum page on nexus yesterday but haven't got a answer yet, so I though someone here could help.

The problem is, after installing Maximum Skeleton, following the instructions provided in the STEP installation, Skeleton Rig, Back Hip Dagger and Yes on animations, everyone starts having their daggers on their back but instead of the dagger being close to the body, it's floating mid air. This happens to everyone that have a dagger equipped male and female NPC's, as well as my own character.

However, if someone is using Ancient Nord Armor, i.e Aela, the dagger works as intended, on the other hand the bow and arrow will be floating mid air instead. I used the command line to get an Ancient Nord Armor and test that on my character and it's the same.

I've tried using a the clean installation backup I had and only install Realistic Force Ragdoll and XP32 Maximum Skeleton with the same options and then test again, problem remained.

I then installed FNIS, run FNIS for users as administrator, tested again, problem remained.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Here's a couple of Screenshots:

Here's my character naked with dagger floating mid air:

Posted Image

Equipped Ancient Nord Armor, dagger still floating:

Posted Image

Left the menu, dagger where it should be:

Posted Image

Opened menu and unequipped Ancient Nord Armor, dagger still in place:

Posted Image

Left menu, dagger is once again floating mid air:

Posted Image

My character naked with bow and quiver working as intended:

Posted Image

My character using Ancient Nord Armor with bow and quiver floating mid air:

Posted Image

Here's a few NPC examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

7 answers to this question

XP32 includes multiple skeleton mesh options, and some of these put the back hip dagger (and other weapons) in slightly different places (attachment points) on the skelton. Unfortunately there is no universal agreement across mods on which attachment points are used. If you use a mod that assumes a different attachment point than the one expected for the skeleton variant you have installed, there can be floating. You can try different assumptions in the installer to see if you can get a variant that works with the mods you are using. Skyrim Revisited uses a different set of installation selections, perhaps these might work better for you (or they might still have the same problem).

XP32 includes multiple skeleton mesh options and some of these put the back hip dagger (and other weapons) in slightly different places (attachment points) on the skelton. Unfortunately there is no universal agreement across mods on which attachment points are used. If you use a mod that assumes a different attachment point than the one expected for the skeleton variant you have installed, there can be floating. You can try different assumptions in the installer to see if you can get a variant that works with the mods you are using. Skyrim Revisited uses a different set of installation selections, perhaps these might work better for you (or they might still have the same problem).

I tried using this with a clean installation, no mods installed besides the 2 needed for XPMS to work, shouldn't that be enough, besides I'm also using the option suggested in the STEP installation, Skeleton Rig (which is on by default), Back Hip Dagger and Yes on animations.

I've tried using SkyrimRevisited options as well, that's one of the first things I tried since I'm also following that guide for the TES5Edits.

Although, I'm not entirely sure if I've used Neovalen's options correctly.

Following the Wizard order I went, Skeleton Rig Map, Back Hip Dagger and Back 1H Sword Chesko, Bolts Quiver - Chesko, Animations No.

The animation I know is correct, he uses Immersive Animations to give the correct dual wield dagger animation to the left hand, if I install XPMS animations, it wouldn't make sense.

The STEP recommendations are compatible with Wet and Cold bags while the Skyrim Revisited recommendations are compatible with Frostfall. They are not compatible with each other.

I'm not using both settings at same time.

I tried using the ones recommend by STEP, it didn't work, so I tried using the ones in Neovalen's guide, it didn't work, so I posted asking for help.

This are the options from STEP and the ones I'm using right now:

Leave the defaults selected for the Required Files. (Default option is Skeleton Rig Map)

On the "XPMS" page, select "Back Hip Dagger".

On the "Installer Animation files for Back Weapons as well?", select Yes.

I don't have Frostfall nor Wet and Cold installed. Daggers are still floating mid air.

I install Wet and Cold. Daggers are still floating mid air.

Thoughts?

Really need to work on my search skills on this forum. Just opened a new thread about the same issue yesterday.

I also cannot get rid of the floating back hip dagger. Even in a vanilla environment profile in MO + only XPMS, results in the floating back hip dagger problem so it must be something which we do wrong with the mod.

Have you found a solution or can anyone else point out how to fix it?

After all the stuff I figured out in the last 2 months, I cannot believe that that I am unable to find the culprit of this issue.