I give up

Copywrite85

Question

Hey guys.  I've been a member of this site for months now and a number of you have been extremely helpful.  I am sure you can click my name and see my past posts to get a sense of the issues I have been struggling with.  Ultimately I cannot get my game stable, something always ruins it in the end; I have tried for a quarter of a year now.  Anyways I clearly am incapable of achieving the great stable game a number of you guys are enjoying.  Right now I think the only course of action I have left is to state desired mods and request load order examples from you guys that I can try to copy; this will be the guideline for my last attempt (serious this time) at modding Skyrim.  

-Skyre 

-Asis

-Immersive Patrols

-Skytest (light or full whatever works)

-Cloaks

-Winter is coming

-Wet and cold

-automatic variants

-Immersive weapons and armour

-High level enemies

-Immersive creatures

-Dragon combat overhaul

Yes I have read Irohas Asis and Skyre guide; while I did achieve stable combat at one point I would randomly freeze in the environment anyway (more freezes/ctds than 1 can be comfortable with).    I have a VERY powerful PC, I have achieved script latecy of under 50, my system memory and video memory remain at very safe levels, this past week I have gone on a massive mod purging (currently under 160 with half of my esps being patches); doesn't matter Skyrim crashes and freezes consistenly.  If any of you have builds accommodating a number of my favorite mods It would be a great help if you would just post your mod list and maybe give a little explanation.

Thanks guys

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Essentially you have mods that add spawns, and you have a mod that alters cells, mix the two and you got your work cut out for ya!

I know I found alternate start to cause more issues in certain areas... BUT I had ASIS and I later ditched it. But never went back to AS since I honestly do not mind the helgen start... sorta like the whole mysterious prison thing.

If I wanted something else I would just coc into an area and make up my own start from there! It would be better to have it all animated and fully immersive, but got enough stability issues as it is without adding a mod that only ever affects me one time in the game (In general I just do not touch any mod that only have one feature, at a given place at a given time. Since they are most likely never worth it once you get playing anyways).

Gotta love STEP :-) LOTs of eye openers here. I've been using AS just to make it easier to jump into a new game as I'm adding mods/testing prior to game launch. So how does AS cause issues if you only need it for the start? Doesn't a mod like that just fade into the background or disappear entirely if not being used especially THIS one since it's only for the beginning ?

What is this coc (is it short for console command?you mention ? I'd just as soon avoid AS now but how is entry via "coc" work exactly? Do you materialize into Skyrim like the Terminator or something ? lol

coc = Center on Cell. You get a cell formid then you materialize from out of nowhere in the middle of that cell.

You can then use "showracemenu" to alter your race looks etc.

Technically its faster then AS if your only reason for using it is how fast you get to play the game.

And yes AS only works during the start. However it does have cell edits that will stay with the game from start till end, since it overwrites the vanilla cells. (Just look at Neovalens guides for what should be patched! For a mod that you only ever see once that is quite a lot, and that only covers what Neovalen use! :)

But that being said it is most likely not going to be your prime candidate of issues (As long as you made patches for conflicting mods). So just check up any mod you have that alters cell edits and make sure you have the correct patches. If you do not know how to do this, or do not want to spend the time... then just ditch it since then it is most likely going to cause issues.

Alright attaching my mod list and load order + ini settings for my Skyrim Revisited + SkyRe profile (as an archive since there were 4 files). I will say that the longest I've been able to play on this setup is 3-5.5 hours I believe most of the issues are/were caused by Enhanced Blood Textures, and Burn Freeze Shock Effects as well as the occasional RAM limit crash but for the most part it was freezes. I haven't had time to try out the fixes provided by the new versions of the ENB series to see if that allows longer play times however, as whenever I do get in game it's to test out mods for STEP.

Obviously when Skyrim Revisited Legendary edition comes out (of beta or whatever the hell it is now) then I'll probably use that and Iroha's guide then tweak some things, throw out others, make some TES5Edits here and there and make it my own and finally have an actual playthrough.

@Aiyen Your last sentence - bingo. I just don't know how to do it. I'll just add it to the list of things to learn to do. But for now if it's a possible issue then it's gone.

I was able to coc to a location (dawnstar) and I called up showracemenu and adjusted the character. However after that my player hands were still tied. I assuming this is not a valid way to start the adventure ? Is it either Helgen or AS ?

I don't mind Helgen but I didn't intend to start the main quest for a bit and didn't want to start up loaded to the gills with goods. I was wondering if there's a way to start with nothing.

Wow...from the new game I started I've played up until the grey beards (fighting mirmulnir 5 times and engaging in allot of outdoor battles) and I haven't crashed once.  The only major element I can add is horses (running around with them with two team mates in the wild)..am I stable? :S  This is my current load order.

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
06  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
07  SPIKE.esm
08  XFLMain.esm
09  Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esp
0A  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.3.3c]
0B  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.4]
0C  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.2]
0D  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
0E  Better Dynamic Snow.esp
0F  Rainbows.esp
10  Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
11  mintylightningmod.esp
12  MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp
13  StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
14  StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
15  TradeBarter.esp
16  83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
17  BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp
18  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 1.1.7]
++  CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
19  Dead Body Collision.esp
1A  Dual Sheath Redux.esp
1B  High Level Enemies.esp
1C  High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
1D  High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
1E  Immersive Battles.esp
1F  Immersive Brigands.esp
20  Immersive Dawnguard.esp
21  Immersive Dragonborn.esp
22  Immersive Factions.esp
23  Immersive Mercenaries.esp
24  Immersive Patrols.esp
25  Immersive Travelers.esp
26  Immersive Werewolves.esp
27  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RLO.esp
28  Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp
29  Book Covers Skyrim.esp
2A  Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
2B  Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
2C  Moss Rocks.esp
2D  PilgrimsDelight.esp
2E  Point The Way.esp  [Version 1.0.1a]
2F  Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
30  ShootingStars.esp
31  Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp  [Version v6.1.1]
32  Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp  [Version v6.1.1]
33  Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
34  SkyrimCoinReplacer.esp
35  SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp  [Version 1.1]
36  SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp  [Version 4.4]
++  Traps Make Noise.esp
37  Convenient Horses.esp
38  Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
39  Character Creation Overhaul.esp
3A  Footprints.esp
3B  Footprints - Ash.esp
3C  WetandCold.esp
3D  WetandCold - Ashes.esp
3E  SkyUI.esp
3F  iHUD.esp
40  AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
41  Cloaks.esp
42  Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
43  1nivWICCloaks.esp  [Version 2.3]
44  1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp  [Version 2.3]
45  DragonbornArmorFix.esp
46  Elemental Staves.esp
47  Glass Variants.esp
48  hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
49  Immersive Weapons.esp
4A  imp_helm.esp
4B  imp_helm_imp.esp
4C  imp_helm_dawn.esp
4D  imp_guard_helm.esp
4E  Valor Armor.esp
4F  Dr_Bandolier.esp
50  Dr_BandolierDG.esp
51  Lock Overhaul.esp
52  DeadlyDragons.esp
53  MIDFollowMeCloser.esp
54  SkyRe_Main.esp
55  SkyRe_SIC Crossbowfix.esp
56  SkyRe_Main_Fix.esp
57  SkyRe_Combat.esp
58  SkyRe_CraftingFix.esp
59  SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
5A  SkyRe_StandingStones_Fix.esp
5B  ExplosiveBoltsVisualized-SkyRe.esp
5C  SkyrimChimneysRW.esp
5D  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.4]
5E  towBlockSteal.esp
5F  360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp
60  AchieveThat.esp
61  Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
62  Babette.esp
63  BlockSparkles.esp
64  CCO - Oblivion Carry Weights.esp
65  CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp
66  Distant DetailHF.esp
67  DiversePriests.esp
68  DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp
69  Grass_On_Steroids_SFO.esp
6A  Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
6B  masser Size x0.5.esp
6C  SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
6D  secunda Size x0.5.esp
6E  SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
6F  SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp
70  SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp
71  dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
72  dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
73  EBT- Dg - Db - SIC.esp
74  TheChoiceIsYours.esp
75  TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
76  Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
77  Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp
78  aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
79  Chesko_Step418_SN.esp
7A  SoS - The Dungeons.esp  [Version 1.23]
7B  ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
7C  Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
7D  Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
7E  Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
7F  Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
80  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
81  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
82  ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
83  prod80_CoT_patch.esp
84  SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeons.esp
85  SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors.esp
86  BFSEffects.esp
87  DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
88  Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
89  DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
8A  The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
8B  CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
8C  Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
8D  Enhanced Soul Trap.esp
8E  Soul Gems Differ - E.esp
8F  dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
90  TheEyesOfBeauty.esp  [Version 8]
91  XFLDialogue.esp
92  XFLPlugins.esp
93  Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
94  CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
95  dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
96  SkyRe_Races.esp
97  SkyRe_Races_Fix.esp
98  CCO SkyRe Patch.esp
99  Animated Weapon Enchants.esp
9A  WATER.esp
9B  WATER Plants.esp
9C  WATER DB Waves.esp
9D  General Patch.esp
9E  Merged Patch.esp
9F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
A0  Automatic Variants.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: ASIS-Dependency.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: ASIS.esp
A1  ASIS-Dependency.esp
A2  ASIS.esp
A3  Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
A4  ReProccer.esp
A5  SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
A6  PostASISPatch.esp
A7  ReProccerDragonborn.esp
A8  qotsafans Books + Book Covers Skyrim HF Patch.esp

I'd say if you are stable with that mod list then it is very well done. I personally have had to cut down a lot more to get it stable. Although I also installed every texture mod mentioned in SR, and then some more, which can also contribute to instability.

Which texture mods did you install?

I was able to coc to a location (dawnstar) and I called up showracemenu and adjusted the character. However after that my player hands were still tied. I assuming this is not a valid way to start the adventure ? Is it either Helgen or AS ?

I don't mind Helgen but I didn't intend to start the main quest for a bit and didn't want to start up loaded to the gills with goods. I was wondering if there's a way to start with nothing.

Everytime you use the showracemenu option then your hands will be tied. Its part of the animation that is used in the char gen. Just jump, pull a weapon etc and it will use other animations again. 

Wow...from the new game I started I've played up until the grey beards (fighting mirmulnir 5 times and engaging in allot of outdoor battles) and I haven't crashed once.  The only major element I can add is horses (running around with them with two team mates in the wild)..am I stable? :S  This is my current load order.

Do the run test, like we discussed, and then also do a slightly tweaked one. 

Instead of going from falkreath to markarth, then go from falkreath to riften. 

If those are mostly stable then the game is most likely also going to be since then you have covered the most intense region as well. 

But it does sound promising with that list. Only other thing to do is to add compatiblity patches so that everything plays nice in the small detail. 

You could also ditch the footprint mod... it does add quite a script load since its on all actors during snowy regions. 

Everytime you use the showracemenu option then your hands will be tied. Its part of the animation that is used in the char gen. Just jump, pull a weapon etc and it will use other animations again. 

Wow...from the new game I started I've played up until the grey beards (fighting mirmulnir 5 times and engaging in allot of outdoor battles) and I haven't crashed once.  The only major element I can add is horses (running around with them with two team mates in the wild)..am I stable? :S  This is my current load order.

Do the run test, like we discussed, and then also do a slightly tweaked one. 

Instead of going from falkreath to markarth, then go from falkreath to riften. 

If those are mostly stable then the game is most likely also going to be since then you have covered the most intense region as well. 

But it does sound promising with that list. Only other thing to do is to add compatiblity patches so that everything plays nice in the small detail. 

You could also ditch the footprint mod... it does add quite a script load since its on all actors during snowy regions. 

Hey Aiyen, with this same load order I ran from Helgen to Riften fighting everything on the way before I started the new game :D

I'd say if you are stable with that mod list then it is very well done. I personally have had to cut down a lot more to get it stable. Although I also installed every texture mod mentioned in SR, and then some more, which can also contribute to instability.

Which texture mods did you install?

Hi Nearox, everything from SR+grass on steroids.  In a few days I'll know if there is some kind of hidden weird catastrophe with my build.  So far the only buggy thing (which is really #@$@ing weird) with my build is to do with starting a new game.  My character started off with an entire suit of iron Armour (wearing the helmet) and a few swords.  I don't know why he was born into the world packing heat, but it made creating my characters face a challenge.  I also DDsopted everything, I only rereplaced the textures that I saw damaged by DDsopt (my ddsopt is no longer working, it crashes while starting up...why does everything and anything involved with Skyrim have to be such a hassle?).