Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn

Smile44

Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn - LINK I am suggesting this as it appears to be the only texture mod for this part of the world and it ain't bad.

"Here is a retexture for Dragonborn, Second part of: Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul - LINK

I'm not much for introduction so I go to mod description right away.

I wasn't happy about the landscape textures Skyrim had.

So I decided to make all the textures high quality and lore friendly with a realistic look.

Many other modders forget to optimize their textures causing unnecessary Vram loss.

Some even don't know how to make alphas/normal maps at all.

Some textures looks repeatable which is not good either.

This is where this mod comes in.

Quality made textures with both 1k and 2k textures.

Baked in AO and Quality normal maps without compression artifacts."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

For your perusal.

:)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these are better than vanilla. The HD DLC Solstheim textures are meh. What does the STEP team think? Does it fit with vanilla? They do have a "photo realistic" look to them which can sometimes look a little out of place but I think he did a good job in this case. I'm not sure how I feel about the rest of his textures for the regular Skyrim landscape but i definitely need something to replace the vanilla Solstheim textures and see no better alternative at the moment.

I am a huge fan of this mod author's work. A lot of members on here argue that skyrim has a "visual style" and that a texture mod need not be realistic as much as fit in with the style of the game. I hold the view that a texture is ultimately "better" or "worse" than a given texture based on qualitative assessments: namely 1) does the texture have technical issues (like seams or artifacts) 2) Do the textures appear to more accurately or better represent the object and mesh it is placed on than another texture.

On point 1, all of these textures are technical masterpieces (imo). There is no technical reason no to use these mods at all, short of STEP moving in more of a parallax direction.  

On point 2, I would argue that saying "does the texture fit better" is pretty much equivalent to saying "does it look more like a rock, or moss, or whatever than something else". This is comparison between the texture a real thing. This is a comparison of "realism" not a visual style. 

tl;dr I think they are great and believe that these with a combination of other textures should be part of core step. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorealism

Photorealism is the genre of painting based on using cameras and photographs to gather visual information and then from this creating a painting that appears to be photographic. The term is primarily applied to paintings from the United States art movement that began in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorealism

Photorealism is the genre of painting based on using cameras and photographs to gather visual information and then from this creating a painting that appears to be photographic. The term is primarily applied to paintings from the United States art movement that began in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

I think he was making a joke about the spelling. 

See I though fotorealism was when you took a foto with your fone.

So do these textures have that same color in game, or are they just like that in the screenshots on the nexus page? I would like the colors stay a bit more gray than those shots that have a red-brown tint, unless those are sunrise/sunset pictures in which case I say "Hell yeah!".

See I though fotorealism was when you took a foto with your fone.

So do these textures have that same color in game, or are they just like that in the screenshots on the nexus page? I would like the colors stay a bit more gray than those shots that have a red-brown tint, unless those are sunrise/sunset pictures in which case I say "Hell yeah!".

Those are the colors always.