Requiem with SR:LE

I started over without better vamps. No ILS since 5 hours.

In terms of textures there isn't much left to reduce anymore. My Vram mostly peaks at around 1,5 GB, Ram not sure. I'm crashing a lot using followers - about once per hour or if I die often. Could be Interesting npcs. Without a follower the game ran smooth without a crash from helgen to whiterun until I couldn't start the companions quest(turned out to be a bug in my own conflict esp). Fixed that ran smoothly after. Until I recruited a follower in riverwood(Horomir). Promptly crashed once I left riverwood towards falkreath(waterfalls common ctd area for me in earlier trials).

Really annoying. Interesting Npcs is on my don't delete try everything to make it work list, same as frostfall, I might just not get lucky, I'll try avoiding followers from that mod, or followers in general, but it's somewhat less fun that way:(

If it's still buggy without INPCs me following around I probably have only my windows left to blame but it's really tough without them around.

Requiem's gameplay is nice so far, I really like it. Will be interesting to see how it'll work with the Civil Overhaul mod. Maybe I try Mixed unit tactics with it once I get there in case vanilla followers seem stable(not even close to getting a vanilla follower though).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major changes that I have yet to test in game.

1. Requiem updated to 1.72.

2. Requiem Resources updated.

3. Requiem Hard Times NEW - fixes compatibility issues with USKP and makes hard to find items - hard to find plus a bunch of other stuff - crafting etc and new armors.

4. Requiem Wyrmstooth NEW - Finally here

5. Requiem Immersive Patrols - has been out a short while - this and the parent mod currently have a great deal of plugins might a good idea to wait for the merged esp files to come out for this. AZIROK will update as soon as Scrabbulor does.

There is more I have a Light profile which does not include any extra spawn mods so not SkyTEST or IP or SIC and another that does. Hopefully the latter will run ok but may need to sacrifice other mods such as Unequip Ammo to help the poor old Skyrim engine, but how amazing would this game be with all of the above active. All balanced makes for an extremely challenging and immersive RPG.

:)

First, I love the idea for this pack.  I'm looking to get back into Skyrim, as I haven't played since Dawnguard came out, but I want something more challenging.

I'm having a problem getting Dual Sheath Redux to work, however.  I can't seem to get it to ignore Requiem - Dragonborn.esp.  I've created a blocklist in the directory where Mod Organizer installed it (and therefore where I run it from, but it keeps trying to load it.  Merely deactivating the .esp doesn't work either because then my build is unstable.  I'm thinking this might be an MO problem?  There wasn't a blocklist.txt or even a /Files directory as a result of the Dual Sheath Redux installation, so I created one.  Now I'm not sure the patcher is recognizing them.  Any ideas?

I would get rid of the file you created and run DSR without any requiem mods active. This should a) confirm that DSR is working properly and b) create the folder and files you need in overwrite which is where you should add Requiem - Dragonborn.esp to the blocklist. > /ModOrganizer/overwrite/SkyProc Patchers/Dual Sheath Redux/Files/Blocklist.txt.

Once that is done re-enable requiem and then run the patcher again and you should be good to go. This is a well known problem and this work around does the job.

I have gained some useful information from Azirok who makes all those funky patches for Requiem. He uses STEP CORE but without any of the big texture overhauls. I have enough information to design the pack based on these ideas which should make for an awesome game.

I am going to start building this once I have had time to design all the necessary instructions and checked some key ideas with the Admins and of course I will need to test it first but I am optimistic that I will have a working Requiem Pack based on STEP CORE within a couple of weeks (RL is busy for me right now).

@Smile

Same idea I was going by but instead of STEP CORE, I installed all of STEP and optimizing textures at 2k and 1k normals.

Also using cloaks of skyrim, frostfall, realistic needs and diseases, climates of tamriel, realistic lightning overhaul, falskaar, wyrmstooth, project enb for cot, all of azirok's patches with their main mods (immersive weapons, immersive armors, skytest, immersive creatures, immersive patrols (all esps), requiem hard times.

I think Requiem is the best overhaul to use with STEP/SR because it covers a ton of stuff and everything synergizes/ balances out.

I have gained some useful information from Azirok who makes all those funky patches for Requiem. He uses STEP CORE but without any of the big texture overhauls. I have enough information to design the pack based on these ideas which should make for an awesome game.

I am going to start building this once I have had time to design all the necessary instructions and checked some key ideas with the Admins and of course I will need to test it first but I am optimistic that I will have a working Requiem Pack based on STEP CORE within a couple of weeks (RL is busy for me right now).

Those overhauls would not cause any downstream issues ... they would simply be overwritten, but I'd bet a fair sum that some of the overhaul textures would still shine through, so I can't see why one would not use them and STEP:Core in its entirety.

It should be toatally feasible to present any Pack to a person the has installed STEP:Core and say: "now, install this mod list using these instructions".

Why? None of the STEP:Core mods cause any unresolvable downstream conflicts. There may be a few redundancies, but Pack authors should be allowed to focus on the Pack idiosyncrasies if the user has already installed STEP:Core as we have outlined it. In fact, having a functional and complete STEP:Core base should make the Pack author's job much simpler, and any redundancy with the Core approach would be small potatoes compared to guiding the user installation from vanilla Skyrim.

I do not propose making any changes to Step Core if I can get away with it. I shouldn't need to as you say. The information I mention above just enables me to see some of he options and confirms some of the ideas from trying to get a stable game with Requiem which is stable itself but needs extra TLC when it comes to a more heavily modded game.

I do not propose making any changes to Step Core if I can get away with it. I shouldn't need to as you say. The information I mention above just enables me to see some of he options and confirms some of the ideas from trying to get a stable game with Requiem which is stable itself but needs extra TLC when it comes to a more heavily modded game.

OK, so you are saying that the texture overhauls tax the entire setup too much? I don't think this would be the case with any of the mods in STEP:Core as long as 1k or size-optimized versions are used. The HRDLC itself costs much in terms of quality (and SRO "Optimized" is not too taxing ... Neo links to this from his guide).

The only big texture overhaul in STEP CORE is SRO and the only reason I don't have it is because I'm too lazy to go find it. 

I do find that mods like SIC, Immersive Patrols and Skytest, used together, can cause CTDs quite regularly.  I have quit using Immersive Battles and turned off the mechanical dragons in SIC and it has made a ton of difference.  Not perfect, but I no longer want to punt my computer. 

I was having a bunch of ILS problems.  I got rid of all 4096 tree textures and that helped.  I got rid of a mod called "Populated Cities" and it went away totally.

So now really I just have some random crashes which I know is from having too many mods than spawn extra NPCs.  I just hate to go without any of them.  I may go with your plan and use 1024 textures instead of 2048.  I have tried that, but I was dealing with a less stable build and at the time it didn't seem worth it.  I'll try again and report back.

Stability issues are caused primarily by two recurring themes (after conflicts are appropriately resolved):

• Intensive scripting
  • Memory limitations
... and the latter may effectively be the most ubiquitous and the only relevant one of the two. Use the link provided in Neovalen's guide to get an optimized version of SRO, dump all of the mods that dramatically increase spawning and that compete for runtime at any given moment (like during combat), and use TESEdit to resolve plugin conflicts where applicable. This is the best way to resolve CTDs and ILSs (specific reasons as yet unknown but for general observation of the above).

STEP Core (in its entirety) has neatly 150 mods and is highly stable across platforms. Given that all of said mods are pretty much a given for any modded setup, it provides an ideal base upon which to test the limits. The process we are trying to advocate is to establish the Core base in its entirety and build a set of mods on top of that (i.e., a Pack). For this Pack, I would recommend beginning with a thorough test of just Requiem installed atop of Core, and add pieces bit by bit with plenty of testing in between. Continue to build only as problems are either removed or resolved.

I would use this approach for any Pack that would add any type of comprehensive overhaul mod, as such mods will be the primary cause --either directly or indirectly-- of any issues.

I cut all my textures down to 2k/1k normals.  I'm going to start a new game tomorrow and see what difference it makes.  I also downloaded SRO and started clean with a new full STEP core setup with a few goodies from Neovalen's guide.

If this doesn't cut down on some crashes i will have to let go of some of the spawners.

Actually you will probably find that textures will need to be 1K max with 512 normals. The more spawners that you have the less taxing your graphics need to be. Skyrim still looks tons better than vanilla at this resolution. It is a trade off - what is most important graphic detail or gameplay. For me using Requiem it is gameplay everytime. My textures only blur when I stick my face in them so I can live with that, they look stunning otherwise.

Agreed, 1k textures with 512 normals is the way to go if you want a game with a good amount of game play content.

Everything still looks amazing...I am right now starting the characters & creatures section of STEP and have only hit a little over half gig max in game memory usage.

Using full STEP.

It is surprising how good the game does look with this level of texture reduction. There is a little blurring when you get up close to some things but the only time I get that close to walls (rock or otherwise) is when I am hiding from nasty beasties or sneaking past bad guys so my mind really isn't focussed on whether the mica, schist or quartz is properly rendered in exacting detail.