Requiem with SR:LE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes with those mods that had those options I had very few mods mostly those to do with body replacers and such that were above 1024 but still had one too many CTD and or ILS incidents for my liking, I took @Garfink's advice and reduced all to 1024 / 512 and have been happy with the result. I do not believe I will go through all of that agian until the Skyrim engine has been kicked (modded) into shape. I like my gameplay too much to compromise with over the top graphics. It is possible that some normals and textures do not benefit from optimization and I guess when all of this is figured out there will be a definitive list of benefits and trade offs that can be used to get all our games optimized correctly. Until then I'm staying small.

:)

I'm not saying you are wrong, only that now I have done this to all my textures I am not overly keen to start undoing them - especially when the gain will be so minimal. Of course it does seem to work better than installs I have had before. So sticking with it as is for now.

Yeah I could understand not having them laying around unpacked if you don't have alot of space. I have about 3TB of SS USB3 HDD laying around (not to mention the 5TB in my Desktop along with the 1TB HDD + 240GB SSD in my laptop) so it's not that big of a deal for me to just have them unpacked and ready to optimize and repackage...

At Luis are you using the Mixed 1k and 2k SRO linked through the SR:LE guide or did you optimize your own? Sorry slightly off topic I know, but I couldn't help it.

Yeah ENB Boost does help with the load on your ram quite a bit, does not help so much with the load on the game engine. Even with that you still have to make a choice between a super Hi Rez Skyrim, or a dangerous intelligent enemy filled one.

Failing that I could suggest that someone makes a new one armed, one legged, deaf and half blind race for use with vanilla Skyrim AI and combat mechanics, to make the game harder but still beautifully rendered.

P.S. Please do not take the second part of this post seriously, no offence intended.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was planning on using this for a replay with Requiem. However I noticed it hadn't been updated as much as newer Requiem threads. Is this still a good setup, or am I better trying another like, STEP:Core + Requiem Base + Survival/Weather?

Also, I wanted to incorperate Interesting NPCs into my play through. Anyone had any issues getting it to run with Requiem, et al.

Thanks

You can use either but as SR:LE is not completed and requires quite a lot of work as far as building the patch goes then I would suggest Step Core, plus Requiem pack plus weather and lighting pack. Some elements of the survival pack as well. (mods to leave out for Requiem are detailed).

Now I do plan to add a new lands pack soon - this will involve Falskaar, Wyrmstooth and Moonpatch to Elsewyr. These are easy to add in themselves. Requiem patches exist for the first two and there will be one any day now for the latter. I also recommend OBIS (with patch). Bandits are a complete ***** with this even if they are not too hard to kill they will bring you down sharpish if you let them get close.

I will probably add my recommendations for other mods to an extended Requiem pack or possibly add them to the existing requiem pack just as soon as I have some time.

P.S. I am using SR:LE as a base at the moment and it does work great but was a lot of work to build the patch - this is an ongoing project though and I do not advise using it unless you know what you are doing.

Thanks for the reply. I have been setting up SR:LE, and managed to get as far as "Conflict Resolution" section and suddenly got scared. The keys things I want are challenge and immersion and both paths seem to provide that.

I think I will take a punt at setting up the Conflict Resolution esp, and if (or probably when) I fail dismally, I will revert to Step core. I have already gone to the effort of optimising my textures for my lowly 1.5GB graphics card after all!

PS. thanks for the heads up on OBIS, looks interesting, I think I will give that a spin as well.

Make sure you load TES5Edit with all your plugins then start at step one and go through each section. Probably a good idea to save at the end of any large section or several small ones.

Some FormIDs depend on load order which should be the same but mine wasn't so change the 070..... to 020.... / 030.... etc.. till you get the right file.

It is a challenge to do but worth it for all the learning that goes on. Remember the last mod on the right of TES5Edit is the one that plays in skyrim - knowing that will help you to understand what is happening as you make the patches.

Good luck,

Okay, think I managed to do it all, and learn't a lot about TESEdit at the same. As I had Requiem Hard Times installed, it had a few of the unoffical pacth changes in it, so I didnt' do change for the revelent nodes when that was the last in the install order. I think that's right anyway.

Thanks for help. It was most useful. Now it's time to play!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been trying to do a requiem install for a few weeks now with mods. Having alot of trouble. Wondering the best way to install requiem, frostfall, duel enhanced combat, realistic animals, complex needs and diseases, not sure which step guide to follow. Should i do the SR:LE step ?