Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

Not necessarily hence the instruction. BOSS is frequently updated and things can change and of course everybody's load order / mod list is different. So if you run BOSS and all plugins are in the correct order then all is good otherwise you will have to change the load order so that they are in the correct order. BOSS sorts most of them fine it is just that all CoT versions of mod's plugins must load after CoT's own plugins. So first CoT plugins, then CoT weather Patch then Supreme storms CoT version and then prod80 supreme storms patch.

I will look to check if that instruction is not clear enough. I'll admit though the wording is aimed at experienced modders at present and will need to be clarified I am assuming a working knowledge of BOSS and BUM or BOSS GUI.

Anyway BOSS sorts everything apart from the mods that I have specified and those are the only changes needed to load order.

Hope this helps.

:)

BOSS messes my weathers up :P At least last time I checked it placed the patches in a wrong order, namely puts Supreme Storms + My patch above CoT official esp's and my CoT patch --- this causes the Supreme Storms weathers edits I done not to work properly. Anyway, perhaps it's fixed now, I dunno, I don't use BOSS because I have a modified load order with many self written patches that need to be in a particular order or they don't work... so it's a bit of a trouble to run it just for testing :)

I have a modified Kountervibe ENB now with a package available on my mod page to deal with all lighting and weathers, for those of you who are looking for a tuned version and don't wanna fuzz about trying different things: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/articles/39799/ | My mod page contains the download featuring a modified weather patch/meshes for fog/sun+sunglare texture to make it all work together. Has some requirements though.

@MontyMM: afaik CoT has no violet skies at all. All should be blue to pale blue... however if you use ENB which changes the color balance it might throw stuff off as for some weathers (namely the 'blue but closer to white' ones...). If your ENB leans towards the red the resulting color might be violet, certainly around the sun where the glares add red as well. See if there is a color balance setup in enbeffect.fx for day/night, make sure it's correct... the 3 numbers there should sum to a total of 3 (if higher/lower increases or decreases luminosity)

Example, Project ENB newest version has:

#if (HD6_COLOR_TWEAKS==1)

//EXTERIOR Red, Green, Blue

float3 ctRGBExtDay = float3( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 ); // RGB balance Day

float3 ctRGBExtNight = float3( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 ); // RGB balance Night

and

#if (HD6_COLORSAT==1)

//EXTERIOR Red, Green, Blue

float3 RGBSatExtDay = float3( 1, 1, 1 );

float3 RGBSatExtNight = float3( 1.0625, 0.96875, 0.96875 );

I would advise anyone building ENB that should work with CoT no to mess too much with the color balance in day, unless the result is something intentional, like what E ENB does.

Perhaps it might help you :)

--

PS. too bad you don't take my main mod into your Weather pack, but only the Storms Patch, but I guess to each it's own :) good job

I will include it, it was a new one for me, and it does fix an occasional issue with the sun etc. It can be installed with the others and you will need the 'realistic sun' main file which has three options the standard one is the base recommendation but if you have HQ Snow Textures (I recommend this) then you can use the plugin adapted for that. I will add this in when I get time later.

Your installation instructions next to "Climates Of Tamriel - Weather Patch - Fog Rain Overcast" is confusing.

It says:

"Install Supreme Storms Patch - load after "Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp". Use BUM or BOSS GUI to sort this correctly."

Are you saying to install the SUPREME STORMS PATCH after Supreme Storms - CoT version? Or are you saying to install the WEATHER PATCH after Supreme Storms version? You need to clarify.

You might just want to put a section with the load order. Explaining where each one goes through installation instructions is just way too confusing. 

Just put something like:

ELFX

CoT Main plugins

CoT weather Patch - Fog Edition

Supreme storms CoT version

Prod80 supreme storms patch

Why isn't the snow patch for cot included in this pack? Also' date=' prod80, what is your main mod?[/quote']

I have 2 patches (or 3 now, whichever way you look at it)

The main version for Fog Rain Overcast and an additional Optional file which is only meant for people that use Supreme Storms which will only change the _HR type weathers of CoT and nothing else.

Fog Rain Overcast changes a total of 53 weathers, Supreme Storms changes 7 weathers of which only 1 is not including in the main file (because it's a snow storm). If you use both files a total of 54 weathers are affected. The Supreme Storms patch will not touch any Overcast, Light Rain, and Fog weathers... only the heavy rain. So that one will not come with any added Fog effects and so on.

Here is a full list

Climates of Tamriel weather ID + Weather name

0437F9 - CoTOvercast_1

044824 - CoTOvercast_2

044825 - CoTOvercast_3

044826 - CoTOvercast_4

044827 - CoTOvercast_5_AP

044829 - CoTOvercast_6_AM

04482A - CoTOvercast_1_T

04482B - CoTOvercast_2_T

04482C - CoTOvercast_4_T

04482D - CoTOvercast_3_T

04482E - CoTOvercast_5_T

04482F - CoTOvercast_6_T

044830 - CoTOvercast_1_LR

044831 - CoTOvercast_1_HR_T - also part of Supreme Storms

044832 - CoTOvercast_2_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

044833 - CoTOvercast_2_LR

044834 - CoTOvercast_3_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

044835 - CoTOvercast_3_LR

044836 - CoTOvercast_4_HR_T - also part of Supreme Storms

044837 - CoTOvercast_4_LR

044838 - CoTOvercast_5_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

044839 - CoTOvercast_5_LR

04483A - CoTOvercast_6_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

04483B - CoTOvercast_6_LR

045868 - CoTFog_1

045869 - CoTFog_1_T

04586A - CoTFog_2

04586B - CoTFog_2_T

04586C - CoTFog_3

04586D - CoTFog_3_T

04586E - CoTFog_4

04586F - CoTFog_4_T

045870 - CoTFog_5

045871 - CoTFog_5_T

045872 - CoTFog_6

045873 - CoTFog_6_T

047E2E - CoTFogWind

06497D - CoTOvercast_Storm_Needles

068A17 - CoTOvercast_Storm_Grass

068A18 - CoTOvercast_Storm_Leaves

053567 - CoTFogRIFTEN_1

053568 - CoTFogRIFTEN_1_T

053569 - CoTFogRIFTEN_2

05356A - CoTFogRIFTEN_2_T

05356B - CoTFogRIFTEN_3

05356C - CoTFogRIFTEN_4

05356D - CoTFogRIFTEN_3_T

05356E - CoTFogRIFTEN_4_T

05356F - CoTFogRIFTEN_5

053570 - CoTFogRIFTEN_5_T

053571 - CoTFogRIFTEN_6

053572 - CoTFogRIFTEN_6_T

053573 - CoTFogRIFTENWind

047E31 - CoTSnowStormSwirl - ONLY in Supreme Storms, not the main file

Why isn't the snow patch for cot included in this pack? Also' date=' prod80' date=' what is your main mod?[/quote'']

I have 2 patches (or 3 now, whichever way you look at it)

The main version for Fog Rain Overcast and an additional Optional file which is only meant for people that use Supreme Storms which will only change the _HR type weathers of CoT and nothing else.

Fog Rain Overcast changes a total of 53 weathers, Supreme Storms changes 7 weathers of which only 1 is not including in the main file (because it's a snow storm). If you use both files a total of 54 weathers are affected. The Supreme Storms patch will not touch any Overcast, Light Rain, and Fog weathers... only the heavy rain. So that one will not come with any added Fog effects and so on.

Here is a full list

Climates of Tamriel weather ID + Weather name

0437F9 - CoTOvercast_1

044824 - CoTOvercast_2

044825 - CoTOvercast_3

044826 - CoTOvercast_4

044827 - CoTOvercast_5_AP

044829 - CoTOvercast_6_AM

04482A - CoTOvercast_1_T

04482B - CoTOvercast_2_T

04482C - CoTOvercast_4_T

04482D - CoTOvercast_3_T

04482E - CoTOvercast_5_T

04482F - CoTOvercast_6_T

044830 - CoTOvercast_1_LR

044831 - CoTOvercast_1_HR_T - also part of Supreme Storms

044832 - CoTOvercast_2_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

044833 - CoTOvercast_2_LR

044834 - CoTOvercast_3_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

044835 - CoTOvercast_3_LR

044836 - CoTOvercast_4_HR_T - also part of Supreme Storms

044837 - CoTOvercast_4_LR

044838 - CoTOvercast_5_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

044839 - CoTOvercast_5_LR

04483A - CoTOvercast_6_HR - also part of Supreme Storms

04483B - CoTOvercast_6_LR

045868 - CoTFog_1

045869 - CoTFog_1_T

04586A - CoTFog_2

04586B - CoTFog_2_T

04586C - CoTFog_3

04586D - CoTFog_3_T

04586E - CoTFog_4

04586F - CoTFog_4_T

045870 - CoTFog_5

045871 - CoTFog_5_T

045872 - CoTFog_6

045873 - CoTFog_6_T

047E2E - CoTFogWind

06497D - CoTOvercast_Storm_Needles

068A17 - CoTOvercast_Storm_Grass

068A18 - CoTOvercast_Storm_Leaves

053567 - CoTFogRIFTEN_1

053568 - CoTFogRIFTEN_1_T

053569 - CoTFogRIFTEN_2

05356A - CoTFogRIFTEN_2_T

05356B - CoTFogRIFTEN_3

05356C - CoTFogRIFTEN_4

05356D - CoTFogRIFTEN_3_T

05356E - CoTFogRIFTEN_4_T

05356F - CoTFogRIFTEN_5

053570 - CoTFogRIFTEN_5_T

053571 - CoTFogRIFTEN_6

053572 - CoTFogRIFTEN_6_T

053573 - CoTFogRIFTENWind

047E31 - CoTSnowStormSwirl - ONLY in Supreme Storms, not the main file

So what did you mean when you said we weren't using your main mod? We are.

1.) Is it normal to have some flickering on the fog? I'm not sure if it's caused by Morning Fog or the CoT Patch - Fog Edition. Either way, I get some pretty bad flickering on the fog at times. Could be my ENB also. I'm not making any conclusions. Does anyone have any idea? Also, as Prod80 says on his file description, sometimes, if you open the Skyrim Map and close it, the fog will completely disappear. This is apparently a vanilla issue but it's pretty weird.

2.) For the CoT - Snow Patch, there are three esps. Which one do we use? Just the SnowPatch.esp? If I have HQ Snow Textures, do I use the HQSnowversion.esp in ADDITION? Or do I use that one INSTEAD?

Yes just the SnowPatch.esp, I use the one for HQ snow textures as I use that mod. The flickering is probably to do with your enb I've had some problems with some enb types - I recommend the performance version of RealVision as it seems to work pretty well but of course it may not be to everyone's taste.

I am struggling to update the pack page at present as it is still in testing and is inconsistent at present (for me at least) but hopefully I can make further updates to the instructions in the modlist so that it becomes more self explanatory.

EDIT: By the way I hope you get this working OK for you, the feedback has been useful. It worked pretty much out of the box for me the only changes I have made are to load order this is also described on the CoT Weather Patch mod page.

Yes just the SnowPatch.esp, I use the one for HQ snow textures as I use that mod. The flickering is probably to do with your enb I've had some problems with some enb types - I recommend the performance version of RealVision as it seems to work pretty well but of course it may not be to everyone's taste.

I am struggling to update the pack page at present as it is still in testing and is inconsistent at present (for me at least) but hopefully I can make further updates to the instructions in the modlist so that it becomes more self explanatory.

EDIT: By the way I hope you get this working OK for you, the feedback has been useful. It worked pretty much out of the box for me the only changes I have made are to load order this is also described on the CoT Weather Patch mod page.

So just to confirm, if I have HQ Snow Textures, I should ONLY use the HQSnowTexture.esp? It has worked extremely nicely for me too, except for flickering on fog but that's probably just an ENB issue and if it's not solvable then I really don't care as it's not that big of a deal. I also had to tweak the load order a bit by putting Supreme Storms under the CoT Patch - Fog Edition, like you have said. Hopefully that gets fixed in BOSS soon. Do you know if you are can use ELE Imagespaces and Further Darker Dungeons together? If so, do you know the load order for that?

Fog flickering is definitely an ENB issue... the fogs are just textures which are spawned around you based on the particle system... since these textures have a life cycle (birth - death) which is variable, it might appear a bit pulsating slowly at start (but definitely not flickering), but it should level out in the first 10-15 seconds... I wish I could remove that but the thing is that if I increase the life cycle time (which in turn reduces the pulsating effect) you are able to outrun the fog... which looks even weirder.

As for the fog vanishing after opening world map... if you check the vanilla fog effect (you know those ugly-ish things spawned around you in the vanilla game during fog?) they also disappear after opening world map. There is also evidence of Bethesda messing about with the same thing I did in this mod, which apparently never made it into the game... I assume it was because of the same problem. It's not something I can fix, or I would. Perhaps scripts can solve this; but those might introduce more problems than they solve... not to mention messing about with people's save games.

For the Snow patch, only use one. I'd recommend any of the ones under the patch for sun replacers, mine or any other.

And about why it's confusing what to install is because it says

"Climates Of Tamriel - Weather Patch - Fog Rain Overcast | Install Supreme Storms Patch - load after "Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp". Use BUM or BOSS GUI to sort this correctly."

Which in my understanding implies to install only the Supreme Storms patch and not the main mod (Supreme Storms patch doesn't require the main mod) but perhaps that's just me :)

So just to confirm, if I have HQ Snow Textures, I should ONLY use the HQSnowTexture.esp? It has worked extremely nicely for me too, except for flickering on fog but that's probably just an ENB issue and if it's not solvable then I really don't care as it's not that big of a deal. I also had to tweak the load order a bit by putting Supreme Storms under the CoT Patch - Fog Edition, like you have said. Hopefully that gets fixed in BOSS soon. Do you know if you are can use ELE Imagespaces and Further Darker Dungeons together? If so, do you know the load order for that?

Yes just that patch. I have had a look at using imagespace - this set was not working out well for me, I had texture popping and a strange people sheen on NPCs outside but not inside. Probably the ENB settings for at least some of it. I have never had much joy from Darker dungeons for ENB and to be honest with this set up you don't need it. If you are indoors and there is no light source then it is pretty dark.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.