STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Wow. Lots going on on this thread ... thanks for fielding the questions, tech. We are still configuring the site and the server, so I have had little time but to skim and provide quick advice here and there.

BTW, we did switch servers, and they were up very early Monday morning. Thins should be running smoothly by now.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To let everyone know, all this work that Nearox has had me doing will not be made official for the current release; although, it is available on the guide now via the mod wiki pages. This is because there really isn't a way to "refine" the guide, mods and their instructions away from the public view (at least not the type of refining that will be taking place). This is due to the way the current wiki is constructed and set up. From this point to the time of the 2.2.8 release, you can consider the current 2.2.7 Guide as a "live beta" of sorts, though none of the changes made should cause any issue if they are followed before the 2.2.8 release. When getting ready for the 2.2.8 release, I'll gather up all the changes I've made and post them in the 2.2.8 changelog along with the other stuff that will come with that release.

The 2.2.8 release will mostly be a "refinement" release. Very few new mods will likely be added in the next release; however, STEP should become more easy to follow and more stable once that version is finalized and officially released.

I've copied this note to the OP.

High Quality LODs

Will investigate. Suspect a DDSopt issue in vanilla textures. Please post screen shots!

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1586&pid=54594#pid54594 

The issues turned out not to be with the normals but with the 256 textures only! I messed it up earlier but see the HQLOD thread for the new test results. This mod has been so confusing to me for a long time and now I finally nailed it, and can actually use it again on all my installs (I had it disabled in my SR install as well because of the purple textures) 

High Quality LODs

Will investigate. Suspect a DDSopt issue in vanilla textures. Please post screen shots!

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1586&pid=54594#pid54594 

The issues turned out not to be with the normals but with the 256 textures only! I messed it up earlier but see the HQLOD thread for the new test results. This mod has been so confusing to me for a long time and now I finally nailed it, and can actually use it again on all my installs (I had it disabled in my SR install as well because of the purple textures) 

So I think it's finally time for me to figure this out. Why does step only recommend downloading the meshes and SRO textures? Why not the normals too?

Updated HQLOD to reflect the findings on it Anthology thread. Only the 512 textures are recommended. The others will cause texture seams. No normals because of the same reason and due to a color difference in the snow.

EDIT:

Only the Hi-Res Meshes are recommended. No Textures and no normals should be installed for STEP.

Taken from the Weapons and Armor Fixes Notes

"If using Guard Dialogue Overhaul, get the corresponding patch for it. Despite this mod being installed before Guard Dialog Overhaul, the patch is needed so that Guard Dialog Overhaul does not overwrite the changes from this mod."

This makes no sense because GDO is installed BEFORE W&A Fixes, not after.