STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

im unsure whether someone has mentioned this' date=' but the plugin for Dragons Shout with Voice is an blank plugin[/quote']

It actually isn't. It overwrites the Dialog Topic so dragons actually use shouts as well as sound off from their location. Basically' date=' the optional file needs the ESP and since STEP recommends it should stay.

True though that the base version of the mod does not need it. If we didn't use the optional file it wouldn't matter anyway since we would recommend the loose files version. It doesn't contain an ESP in the first place in that case. =)[/quote']

ok, i mean, i cant argue with what you said but clearly we must be talking about two different ESPs because the plugin i opened up was, without a doubt, empty and record-free

Maybe download the optional file and check it for yourself? They have the same name. Not two separate esps. The main file's esp is indeed record-free =) As you said. Didn't mean to argue that sorry.

well then, by process of deductive reasoning, it seems i must be (mistakenly) using the main file :)

Will go fix that now. So the 'optional' is actually a replacement plugin that, unlike the main plugin, has records in it. This is correct? Yep, just installed the optional. I see what you're saying now. Thanks

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking closer at the dialogue topic record I've found something interesting.

Looking at each of the Dialogue response records beneath the parent dialogue topic of Shout03 (00013DFE), you'll see that a Spanish language exclamation mark set is used in the "NAM1 - Response Text" subrecord (an additional upside-down mark at the beginning of the word) ... whereas the default should be the exclamation mark we use in English language (just the one at the end of the word)

This was probably made by an author that uses a non-english version of the game.

Shouldn't cause any problems, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

• 4 weeks later...

In the Book of Silence detailed instructions page, it says the following:

"Wrye Bash users: After applying the BCF, use the wizard and select "STEP Default"

This makes no sense since there is no BCF available for this mod on the guide. Was this an old note that needs to be removed?

There used to be a BCF for this mod; however, none of the BCFs are being maintained currently. I'll hind the note for now.

@Staff,

If no one is going to maintain the BCFs, I'll will be hiding the links with the 2.2.8 release until someone decides to take up this mantle. I will take responsibly of maintaining the new FOMODs that I've created since I'm the one that has pushed to have these. (I might be uploading these to Nexus as "fixed/FOMOD" versions of these mods since the authors are MIA and haven't responded to me and it's been over a month.)

Some BCFs will remain useful indefinitely' date=' so don't hide them all. I don't see any reason to maintain those that are not static though.[/quote']

+1

The FOMODs I made should also be good indefinitely (unless the authors return). I'll be making a Nexus page to host them instead of using the wiki. I've given the authors over a month and no response so I'm assuming they aren't modding anymore. Will do it in my own name and post a disclaimer in case the authors ever return.

• 1 month later...